Page 30 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sanford Florida incident....

Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    In fairness to CNN, they are the only network, AFAIK, that has had people on there that correctly point out Zimmerman was arrested and that a prosecutor rejected the charges. Rather different than "the police didn't do anything, he wasn't even arrested" mantra coming from so many.
    HA! Excellent point. I don't watch CNN and I didn't know that until I read your post. I thought the handcuffs and ride downtown was a safety precaution for questioning. I didn't realize he'd actually be arrested. Thanks.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    The police dispatcher told him to back off and let the cops handle it. That was correct. Somebody in a previous post said "well that was a dispatcher. that wasn't a legal order from a police officer." That is immaterial. When somebody who knows more than you do tells you to do something, that's what you should do.
    While I 100% agree with your post, the bit I quoted above is telling as to how the media shapes the public's perception of events, even that of trained observers and knowledgeable professionals.

The dispatcher never "told him to back off and let the cops handle it"; that is entirely a construct of the media, based on a brief snippet of the 911 tape where the dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following Martin. When Zimmerman answered in the affirmative, the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that."

That's a pretty ambiguous line. I've used it in situations ranging from "I'd really rather you didn't do that" to "I wish you would do that, but I don't want to be so forward as to straight-up ask you to."

From that, the media has spun the legend of the dispatcher "ordering" Zimmerman not to follow, and Zimmerman "disobeying", and the legend has obviously stuck.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

This incident has been spun out of control. Between the news networks editing the 911 tapes and posting pictures 3 to 5 years out of date, too the Martin lawyers saying they listened to the tapes and there were 2 shots with Martin begging for his life in between, it has been out and out misrepresented from the beginning. At this point the people won't know what to believe.

I've come to the belief that the situation has reached critical mass. If tomorrow the Federal & State authorities come out and state here is the evidence and the evidence points to Martin being the aggressor and Zimmerman is in the clear (I have no solid opinion at this point given all the PR spin put on this case) I think we will see rioting like we did with the Rodney King & the Alvarez cases. Especially with such civic minded folks such as Sharpton calling for increased civil disobedience if they don't get their way.

To many people have to much invested in their previous PR to just say "OH it wasn't what we thought lets just let it go". They will need to keep pushing to try and keep their credibility.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Kudos to the CNN news anchor who called Corrine Brown on her PR stunt.

First asking if Trayvon was white would she be so outraged. And when Brown claimed yes and pointed to where a white teen was killed just recently in Brown's district, following up with asking if Brown could name the teen. To which Brown had no clue.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

While I agree that listening to others is a great skill to possess, the dispatcher is not on site to see what's actually going down. There may be times one might have to ignore their advice and do what is necessary. I'm all about letting the cops do their job and staying the hell out of the way, but my own personal well being will take priority.

Therefore, I'm a little leery of "always."
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    While I 100% agree with your post, the bit I quoted above is telling as to how the media shapes the public's perception of events, even that of trained observers and knowledgeable professionals.

The dispatcher never "told him to back off and let the cops handle it"; that is entirely a construct of the media, based on a brief snippet of the 911 tape where the dispatcher asked Zimmerman if he was following Martin. When Zimmerman answered in the affirmative, the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that."

That's a pretty ambiguous line. I've used it in situations ranging from "I'd really rather you didn't do that" to "I wish you would do that, but I don't want to be so forward as to straight-up ask you to."

From that, the media has spun the legend of the dispatcher "ordering" Zimmerman not to follow, and Zimmerman "disobeying", and the legend has obviously stuck.

YES! Good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV?id={F85B2E66-5AD0-4ECA-B114-FACBEAEF4917}&title=Toure-To-Piers-Morgan-You-Dont-Understand-Black-Humor-America-Or-Seriousness-Of-Zimmerman-Case

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-legal-defense
    I'm liking that Piers Morgan guy. What a change from 'America's Got Talent' or whatever the hell he used to be on. And nice interview by Brooke Baldwin of Corrine Brown-about time people call these hucksters on their bulls&%t.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Holy S*&^ Snacks!!

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/02/zi...eorge-is-hurt/

shorter version: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...oying-edition/

Read what George Zimmerman did for the black community not too long ago....
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    A link to the SPD police report:

http://mit.zenfs.com/102/2012/04/69081607-29132322.pdf

The first to arrive was officer Timothy Smith. From Smith's report:

"While I was in such close contact with Zimmerman, I could observe that his back appeared to be wet and was covered in grass, as if he had been laying on his back on the ground. Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and back of his head."

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A link to the SPD police report:

http://mit.zenfs.com/102/2012/04/69081607-29132322.pdf

The first to arrive was officer Timothy Smith. From Smith's report:

"While I was in such close contact with Zimmerman, I could observe that his back appeared to be wet and was covered in grass, as if he had been laying on his back on the ground. Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and back of his head."

Nothing new, that's been posted/discussed here several times.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

And it begins.

User Tag List