Page 21 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sanford Florida incident....

I just heard the mystery eyewitness on a radio broadcast. He sounds like a pretty strong witness for Zimmerman. JodyH was prescient.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I just heard the mystery eyewitness on a radio broadcast. He sounds like a pretty strong witness for Zimmerman. JodyH was prescient.
    If Zimmerman had stayed in his truck, he wouldn't have needed a witness and nobody would have needed to be prescient. Just sayin'.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Zimmerman says that he lost track of Martin and was returning to his vehicle. Martin then made an appearance and initiated the confrontation.

While it might have been very advisable to heed the 911 operators advice to stay in the truck, Zimmerman was not legally bound to do so and had every right to surveil the "suspicious" intruder.

Quote Originally Posted by dbm View Post
    While it might have been very advisable to heed the 911 operators advice to stay in the truck, Zimmerman was not legally bound to do so and had every right to surveil the "suspicious" intruder.
    Correct. Zimmerman had every legal right to "surveil" the "suspicious intruder" (incidentally, it was Zimmerman who was "suspicious"; the intruder was "suspect". *grammarrulerontheknuckleswhack!*) Zimmerman had every legal right in the state of Florida to be a moron. And now, no matter how you want to slice it, his life is WRECKED.

Do you think it was worth it?

I'm sure Zimmerman isn't to happy about it at this point and I don't think Martin would agree that it was worth it either. There are two partners to a tango.

And, don't forget about the part where Zimmerman was returning to his vehicle and Martin initiated the up close confrontation.

And, don't forget about the part where Zimmerman was returning to his vehicle and Martin initiated the up close confrontation.
    So Zimmerman says. We will probably never know how the confrontation began/escalated.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    So Zimmerman says. We will probably never know how the confrontation began/escalated.
    I think that eventually we will.

I haven't.

Even if everything happened EXACTLY AS ZIMMERMAN CLAIMED, he got himself into a thoroughly avoidable confrontation which resulted in killing a man and wrecking his own life for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Correct. Zimmerman had every legal right to "surveil" the "suspicious intruder" (incidentally, it was Zimmerman who was "suspicious"; the intruder was "suspect". *grammarrulerontheknuckleswhack!*) Zimmerman had every legal right in the state of Florida to be a moron. And now, no matter how you want to slice it, his life is WRECKED.

Do you think it was worth it?

Never did find much worthiness in pointing out grammatical errors during a debate. However, maybe my grammar is not that far out of whack. I was trying to define an intruder who was evoking suspicious behavior.

I think that eventually we will.
    Yeah? How's that gonna happen? There's a crucial couple minutes missing from every 911 tape and eyewitness report we have, and of the two people who were there for those couple minutes, one is dead.

We have eyewitness testimony from one participant, and I don't have to tell you (I hope) just how unreliable eyewitness testimony is.

They say there's three sides to every story: His, mine, and the truth. We'll only ever know one of them in this case.

User Tag List