Page 101 of 168 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1673

Thread: The Sanford Florida incident....

I am a bit confused, the teenager in another thread was arrested for making a sarcastic online threat: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...quot-on-FB-huh.

Why aren't the multiple people making specific threats against Mr. Zimmerman also being arrested in the same fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I am a bit confused, the teenager in another thread was arrested for making a sarcastic online threat: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...quot-on-FB-huh.

Why aren't the multiple people making specific threats against Mr. Zimmerman also being arrested in the same fashion?
    Because it's different. Didn't you get the memo from the Attorney General of the United States?

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I haven't had time to look it up (and my daughter is barely learning to write, much less in cursive), but IIRC I've been told that a lot of schools don't even teach cursive anymore.
    I was a history teacher in Florida from 2006-2009 at the only secondary school to receive four A ratings in a row (no other secondary school even had three the year I left) and we did not teach cursive in our district. This was one of the better school districts in the state and we completely eliminated it. It's not on the FCAT standardized test, therefore irrelevant.

That being said, I can't remember the last time I even wrote in cursive.

Quote Originally Posted by tremiles View Post
    Perhaps they took the Aaron Hernandez course "How to use twitter to implicate yourself in murder 101".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    Because it's different. Didn't you get the memo from the Attorney General of the United States?
    You three gentlemen are scholars AND comedians. I doff my cap to you all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

We gotta get someone from Canada to make a complaint then US law enforcement will take notice.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by MEH View Post
    We gotta get someone from Canada to make a complaint then US law enforcement will take notice.
    Y'all are on far!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by frady2001 View Post
    I was a history teacher in Florida from 2006-2009 at the only secondary school to receive four A ratings in a row (no other secondary school even had three the year I left) and we did not teach cursive in our district. This was one of the better school districts in the state and we completely eliminated it. It's not on the FCAT standardized test, therefore irrelevant.

That being said, I can't remember the last time I even wrote in cursive.
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm right there with ya, mostly write in a mishmash of printing and cursive, but also can't remember the last time I actually wrote more than a sentence or two.

In NJ, all of the 18 year olds I know have learned cursive.

Back on topic, it will be interesting to see how they try and nail Zimmerman, because they'll have to nail the police for releasing a murderer as well. They'll have to show that the police were biased, stupid, sloppy, and weren't able to tell if the shot fired went up or down.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    If you can read this, thank whoever taught you penmanship.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If you can read this, thank whoever taught you penmanship.
    That's so cool! Where did you get a copy of the dead sea scrolls?

User Tag List