Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drain the swamp or open the Levees?

Site Supporter

Drain the swamp or open the Levees?

Trump has made some quite questionable clemency decisions for the political class today.

President Trump issued a spree of clemency decisions Tuesday for high-profile figures -- most notably commuting the sentence of former Democratic Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who was convicted for attempting to sell Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat when he was elected president.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...h-pardon-kerik
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 02-18-2020 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Spelling

What's a little corruption between friends? Birds of a feather and all that.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The path to gaining clemency seems rather clear: Get on Fox and Friends, rail about how unjust it was to send a corrupt white pol to prison, praise Trump to the skies and an pardon/commutation can be yours!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I don't much follow politics but don't politicians usually wait until their last day in office to issue pardons to avoid problems? Have other presidents pardoned people mid term?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I don't much follow politics but don't politicians usually wait until their last day in office to issue pardons to avoid problems? Have other presidents pardoned people mid term?
    No. But I like that Trump is doing it mid-term.

At least he stands and explains himself instead of sneaking out the back door on his last day in office. Whether I agree with his decisions or not I still appreciate his willingness to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    What's a little corruption between friends? Birds of a feather and all that.
    Trump going after them Hialeah voters. LOL.

Certain politicians want felons to be able to vote for their party and the other side gets some votes by pardoning felons. Seems to me they are one in the same, both political goals.

Blago say he a Trumpocrat now.

LOL.

Is this a great country or what? Makes one proud.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I actually do agree with a lot of his commuting and pardoning.

But the way it all transpires is just so comical to me.

I swear he’s gonna be seen golfing with OJ Simpson and Blago before this is all over.

User Tag List