Page 142 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1673

Thread: The Sanford Florida incident....

We are diminished
    Awesome response from The Daily Caller regarding their intern who asked Obama's Press Secretary about Zimmerman's safety:

Some reporters in Washington are asking why The Daily Caller sent our intern Gabe Finger to the White House press briefing this afternoon. Talk about missing the point. The real question is, why did it take a 16-year-old intern to raise an obvious and important question that the White House press corps should have asked days ago? We don’t care how old Gabe Finger is. It doesn’t matter to us what his credentials are. All we care about is how well he does his job. Today he did it a lot better than most White House reporters.
    Read more about the kerfuffle at Legal Insurrection.

Awesome find, Todd!
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

IF GZ grabbed TM, that's assault, and GZ started it even if TM threw the first punch?

Even if GZ started it, if TM took his defense too far w the ground n pound, GZ can still defend himself?

Round n round we go...

If the experts can't tell who is screaming on the tape, and the mothers hear who they want to hear, maybe RJ hears who she wants to hear and it was GZ yelling "get off, get off" on the phone?

As for the cracka/cracker nonsense, imagine how it would be spun if GZ had said "nigga"?

I have doubts about the scenarios both sides presented; GZ gets the benefit of that doubt.
    Deja vu DVC: In archery we have three goals; to shoot accurately, to shoot powerfully, to shoot rapidly.
    - De Re Strategica of Syrianus Magister @525AD

Quote Originally Posted by MikeO View Post
    IF GZ grabbed TM, that's assault, and GZ started it even if TM threw the first punch?

Even if GZ started it, if TM took his defense too far w the ground n pound, GZ can still defend himself?

Round n round we go...

If the experts can't tell who is screaming on the tape, and the mothers hear who they want to hear, maybe RJ hears who she wants to hear and it was GZ yelling "get off, get off" on the phone?

As for the cracka/cracker nonsense, imagine how it would be spun if GZ had said "nigga"?

I have doubts about the scenarios both sides presented; GZ gets the benefit of that doubt.
    Name calling isn't illegal if it's not accompanied by a physical threat. "You're a kitten" is different than "I'm going beat your mother-kittening kitten, you kitten".

It would be interesting to see what happens if there's any pre-arrest/trial statement from Rachael Jeantel about Trayvon Martin initiating the battery that the prosecution failed to disclose.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

CARNEY: Well, I think I would refer you to Florida authorities. I'm not aware of that story. But the President has called for echoing the statements of Trayvon Martin's family for a calm reflection in the wake of the verdict. And that continues to be his position. He certainly would oppose any violence of any kind.
    So, in this instance the WH stance is that GZ's (and family) security its a matter for the FL authorities. But the WH compelled itself to send DOJ and other Fed resources to bully said FL authorities into prosecuting GZ even with a lack of evidence, which has certainly added to any tensions during the ensuing sh*tstorm that followed.

Then, BO clearly picks sides, "echoing remarks TM's family for a calm reflection", not to mention the remark about the potential looks of his son & his resemblance to TM.

IMO, If the POTUS it's really opposed to ANY violence that might arise then he should come out personally and say so using the same methods and channels he did when making his other statements. Is he enough of a true leader to do that? Doesn't look like he evens sees the need to do that. But race baiting, and support of it, doesn't seem to be a problem for him.

Typos brought to you by my lazyness and in attention to detail.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I think it's unreasonable to blame the public in general here.

The media very purposely inflamed them. Community leaders very purposely inflamed them. The President of the United States and the Attorney General very purposely inflamed them. There has been a tremendous coordinated effort to make sure that most Americans believe the "Zimmerman followed Martin when the police told him not to, picked a fight with an unarmed teenage boy, then shot him because he was black" narrative.

As I said earlier in this thread, if you thought that little old lady in New Mexico was wrong to sue for spilling coffee in her own lap then you've been just as guilty of letting the media feed you a ridiculously false narrative.
    "The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses."
    - Vladimir Lenin
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    So, to sum things up..."All those racist bastards are still out there gunning for your kids". The fact that the case wasn't about race be damned. And I LOVED this gem, given his track record:

Whenever I hear Holder say that, I always hear it as "Just-us".
    Mike

That kid had balls asking that question of the WH. There is a video on CNN http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...erman.cnn.html that shows just how screwed up things are. watch the way this kid is insulted.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post
    So, in this instance the WH stance is that GZ's (and family) security its a matter for the FL authorities. But the WH compelled itself to send DOJ and other Fed resources to bully said FL authorities into prosecuting GZ even with a lack of evidence, which has certainly added to any tensions during the ensuing sh*tstorm that followed.

Then, BO clearly picks sides, "echoing remarks TM's family for a calm reflection", not to mention the remark about the potential looks of his son & his resemblance to TM.

IMO, If the POTUS it's really opposed to ANY violence that might arise then he should come out personally and say so using the same methods and channels he did when making his other statements. Is he enough of a true leader to do that? Doesn't look like he evens sees the need to do that. But race baiting, and support of it, doesn't seem to be a problem for him.

Typos brought to you by my lazyness and in attention to detail.
    Yep. His follow up question, instead of "so they're on their own then?", should have been "If this case is a matter for Florida authorities, why is the Justice Department getting involved now?"

That kid was a badass. Thanks for posting that info, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

User Tag List