Thread: Keeping CCW Items From Moving

Keeping CCW Items From Moving

I've found over the years my mag pouches, and sometimes my holsters, will move forward on my belt. It usually occurs when the belt slot and belt aren't the exact same size, or the leather stretches a little. I want my gear to stay right where I put them for consistency and concealment.

I've tried applying one half of velcro, duct tape, etc., but the velcro is too thick and the tape left residue.

I've also used my mag pouches for numerous guns, regardless of what gun the pouch was originally made for. Same problem with finding something to fill the void inside the pouch.

I recently tried small strips of kinesthetic tape and it works perfectly! It's thin, gives just enough friction to keep everything in place, stays put, doesn't wear out easily, and is inexpensive. Give it a try!

Below is a p365 mag in my 1998-era Garrity Gunleather pouch.

Site Supporter
    Nice tip! When I saw the title my first thought was take away their U-haul...

pat

Kydex and modern belt attachment implements seem a somewhat better direction
    Last edited by Duke; 04-05-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Kydex and modern belt attachment implements seem a somewhat better direction
    If everything is inside the waistband that is true as they're already captured by the pressure between your body and your pants. I have no issues when I wear AIWB. But I've even found that some kydex holsters, who's belt slots may not be exactly an 1&1/2", will still slide forward.
    However, many of us are assigned what we can wear and many times that's leather. Good tip though!
    Last edited by iWander; 04-09-2019 at 11:13 AM.

User Tag List