Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pro-tips for the Mossberg 500/590 Series?

Site Supporter
    When re-installing tube, is it screwed back in until the tube stops because of a "lip" in he receiver? Or is there some other magic place without a stop? In the distant past I remember this topic discussed on another forum. Price difference between Model 500 and Model 590 is worth the extra money because of ease of replacing spring and ease of cleaning found up in the 590 or 590A1.

My uneducated guess would be to screw it till it bottoms out. I doubt it has to be super-precise. Abundance of caution, I would try it without loc tite first to ensure it is long enough to accommodate the correct number of shells. It would suck to be 1/4” short of the last shell cause it’s screwed in too far. And I would think that (plenty of) blue loc tite would be just fine. Make sure the threads are throughly degreased first.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    When re-installing tube, is it screwed back in until the tube stops because of a "lip" in he receiver? Or is there some other magic place without a stop?
    Got it all back together tonight. Blue loctite this time. There is a hard stop. I wished I had paid more attention to the details but I think it's due to the lip. I know the lip holds the follower in place and I'm fairly sure it's what stopped the tube too.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Price difference between Model 500 and Model 590 is worth the extra money because of ease of replacing spring and ease of cleaning found up in the 590 or 590A1.
    QFT. But now that I have the tools and knowledge - heat gun and infrared thermometer - it's not as big of a deal as without the tools.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I have a suspicion that they are not.
    Why would they be,? It is a whole (hole?) separate market...

pat

User Tag List