Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheapest reliable non-blowback 9mm PCC?

Cheapest reliable non-blowback 9mm PCC?

My question is just as the thread title states.

I have never found any non-rimfire blowback, whether it be a carbine or pistol, to be a gentile shooter. Decent self-defense tool, yes. A true joy? No.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

What's the old joke? "Pick two and call me back."
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Isn't the Sig the only non-blowback on the market?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Isn't the Sig the only non-blowback on the market?

There's a few H&K MP-5 delayed blow-back clones out there as well, plus whatever odd system the Kriss uses.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    There's a few H&K MP-5 delayed blow-back clones out there as well, plus whatever odd system the Kriss uses.
    Does a delayed blowback have a gentler recoil impulse than a "regular" blowback? Sadly, I've never shot one. I completely forgot about the Kriss.

Another option might be a SBR/brace chassis for P320. I've seen something about that, but I don't know if it's come to market yet or know about the a availability for other pistols.

I've not shot an MP-5 (sadly), but I've heard tons & tons of good things by those who have.

B&T has the USW chassis for the 320, but adding the stock would make it a SBR, and I don't think they make a brace for it.

Site Supporter
    Ruger's carbine might work for you. Beretta makes a nifty carbine that will use model 92 mags.

Ruger's PC9 is blowback but it feels like a big 10/22. Heck, that's pretty much what it is. It's a mite heavy but fun as balls to shoot. Might take mine out today, as a matter of fact...
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

http://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-p...-xxxx-xxxx.htm

A friend of mine has one of these in .40S&W. I had not heard of them before. It is blowback, but seemed like a neat little carbine that takes Glock magazines and can be switched between .40/.357Sig/9mm with just a barrel and bolt head swap. I haven't shot it yet, and have no idea of it's reliability. It's just rare that I come across something that I'd never seen or heard anything about.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

CMMG makes a delayed blowback 9mm AR carbine, they call it "radial delayed blowback" It's in the Banshee, Resolute, and Guard lines in 5.7x28mm, .40 S&W, 9mm (Glock mags only), and .45 ACP

User Tag List