Thread: New Book Recommendation

Site Supporter

New Book Recommendation

Karl Rehn and John Daub are trainers in Texas, and long time students, colleagues and friends of mine. They recently co-authored a book, Strategies and Standards for Defensive Handgun Training.

Karl has been a trainer for almost three decades on a part-time basis, and full time now for a year after retiring from his primary job running training programs through his university for the Department of Homeland Security. An accomplished competitive shooter, Karl is an IPSC/USPSA Grand Master and a Master in several IDPA divisions. At last count, he has attended over 2,500 hours of professional firearms training, with everyone from national champion competitors to the Force Science Institute. John Daub is a part-time instructor for Karl’s school in Texas and is also a very serious student of the art. John has trained with an impressive list of schools and is a Rangemaster certified instructor, among many other titles.

If you are a student of defensive pistolcraft, this book will help you define your training needs, set appropriate goals, and set out a road map toward accomplishing these goals. If you are a trainer, particularly one with a fixed geographic area of operation, this book will give you valuable insights in how to get “butts in seats” and spread your message to a wider audience.

To order, send Karl a PayPal payment of just $20.00, to rehn@krtraining.com and he will ship a signed copy to you.
    You must include your mailing address in the notes of the PayPal payment.

This book is a real bargain at Twenty Dollars. Highly recommended.

Finished reading my copy the day after it arrived from Karl and John - it was just that interesting. Kinda sleepy-eyed at work the next day, but it was worth it.

There is a lot of fascinating stuff in there!

Site Supporter
    I've read it from cover to cover. Recommended!

User Tag List