Page 83 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Quote Originally Posted by pr1042 View Post
    Initial thoughts on the foam wedge....this is on a George holster for P07 w/ no extra tuck

Very good tuck without the discomfort of the extra tuck bump. Will need more time to evaluate of course but seems to be a winner so far
    I really like the wedge.. the grip simply doesn't print and kind of mitigated my need for a sub compact gun.. works for me

I ordered one for my g19 with a foam wedge. I didn't see any options for ride height or for threaded barrels. I left notes for you Tony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    I ordered one for my g19 with a foam wedge. I didn't see any options for ride height or for threaded barrels. I left notes for you Tony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, I will take care of it. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Ok, I will take care of it. Thanks
    Fantastic!
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Apologies if this has come up at some point in the previous 800 posts, but could anyone tell me the difference between the "George" and the standard AIWB? This is going to be my first attempt at AIWB and I have a George on order currently but I want to try and get it right on the first try if possible.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Apologies if this has come up at some point in the previous 800 posts, but could anyone tell me the difference between the "George" and the standard AIWB? This is going to be my first attempt at AIWB and I have a George on order currently but I want to try and get it right on the first try if possible.
    The Wedge at the top of the holster - the George model is thinner than the AIWB for a slimmer belt line. Less grip tuck, but you can use a foam wedge on the bottom if more tuck is necessary.

I don't know all of the differences, but the George has holes for both the regular and high-ride so you can adjust the ride height of the holster. I prefer the George personally.

ReverendMeat, the George has a minimal wedge regardless of the size of the pistol (Glock 26 and Glock 17 have same size wedge over the trigger guard), is made from .093 thick kydex only, and has two sets of holes in the holster body for standard height and high ride. The easiest way to think about which one to get is if your a lean body type who's waist, stomach and chest are on the same plane, get the George as it will minimize belt line bulge. If your cover shirt drapes well, your chest is bigger than your waist, or you have a somewhat "successful life" build, get the normal. I always suggest .093 thick kydex as it will give you the two sets of holes in the holster body. The big key (and probably the most important feature to get) is to get the neoprene wedge. Thanks, hope that helps clear it up for you.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

It does, thanks for the responses Tony, jst, and GAP.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I'm about to order a JM Custom for my Walther P99 AS but can't decide between the George or normal AIWB. I'm 6' 195 lbs and working on getting back in shape after a motorcycle accident a year ago so I should shed a little more weight. Here are a couple pics with a generic zero can't holster that may help. Big difference in how far the grip sticks out between wearing it closer to 12 vs 1. 12:30-1 is wear I tend to wear it. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Red7; 04-10-2016 at 12:32 PM.

User Tag List