Page 77 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Crash can you elaborate on " the increased stability of the split loop, it conceals better too. "

Asking as I have 2 AIWB's on order w/ Tony now, both w/ clips. My AIWB for my Shield (Feb. 2014 order) had a solid loop that is very stable but sorta a pain to remove @ the gym etc. in a lo-pro manner.

You have me considering a switch to the split loops now so any feedback is appreciated.
    The clip is pretty damn solid, but after wearing it all day it will cant 1/8-1/4" left or right depending on how your moving. I noticed myself slapping the grip with my elbow to move it back just right when getting out of a car, standing up from a chair, etc.. It's still the best clip on I've used. The split loop on the other hand holds same position 24/7 regardless of how I'm moving. Zero play.

As regards concealment, it seems the split loop holds closer to my waist when I cinch down my instructor belt. There's no outboard roll.

As far as easy on easy off, clip wins hands down for obvious reasons. But the trade off in stability is worth it to me at least

Hello Tony,

I am very interested in purchasing an AIWB holster from you for my P30. I am an Police officer in Germany and carrying very concealed off duty is very important here! I read the thread about your holsters and looked at your website, but please excuse me, I would like to bet you to give me some advice nevertheless. As I mentioned, concealment is very important here, so I guess I need your extra tuck in any case. Allthough I would prefer a quick on and off option, I would choose the split kydex loops, only because so many guys wrote, that this prints less? I can not judge the possibilities of the different sizes of the wedges. My problem with carrying at approx. 01.00 clock is, that the end of the grip with the magazine prints most under my t-shirt. Is this best answered with the extra tuck or with the wedge? By the way I am a tall guy with a regular waist without "beer stomach" ( as we call it overhere ). I understand,that some guys wrote, that the wedge itself leads to printing?
    I hope my English was good enough to explain my thoughts. I would appreciate your advice very much.

Kind regards,

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank75 View Post
    Hello Tony,

I am very interested in purchasing an AIWB holster from you for my P30. I am an Police officer in Germany and carrying very concealed off duty is very important here! I read the thread about your holsters and looked at your website, but please excuse me, I would like to bet you to give me some advice nevertheless. As I mentioned, concealment is very important here, so I guess I need your extra tuck in any case. Allthough I would prefer a quick on and off option, I would choose the split kydex loops, only because so many guys wrote, that this prints less? I can not judge the possibilities of the different sizes of the wedges. My problem with carrying at approx. 01.00 clock is, that the end of the grip with the magazine prints most under my t-shirt. Is this best answered with the extra tuck or with the wedge? By the way I am a tall guy with a regular waist without "beer stomach" ( as we call it overhere ). I understand,that some guys wrote, that the wedge itself leads to printing?
    I hope my English was good enough to explain my thoughts. I would appreciate your advice very much.

Kind regards,

Frank
    Frank, give me your waist size please. Also, does your cover shirt drape at the waist and is your chest bigger than your waist ? Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Frank, give me your waist size please. Also, does your cover shirt drape at the waist and is your chest bigger than your waist ? Thanks
    Hi Tony,
    thank you forthe fast answer.
    My pants size is 33, but I wear 34 so I can wear AIWB Holsters. My chest is definitely bigger than my waist and my shirts go far below my waist line. I hate "slim fit" shirts and wear always regular or loose style shirts because of the printing issue.

Kind regards,

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank75 View Post
    Hi Tony,
    thank you forthe fast answer.
    My pants size is 33, but I wear 34 so I can wear AIWB Holsters. My chest is definitely bigger than my waist and my shirts go far below my waist line. I hate "slim fit" shirts and wear always regular or loose style shirts because of the printing issue.

Kind regards,

Frank
    Frank, I would suggest my normal AIWB, with extra tuck , full guard, in .093 thick kydex(.093 will give you two set of holes in the holster body and the split loop will have two adjustment holes as well). (color is up to you) with a split loop and order an extra quick on/off clip. That should cover the bases for you. Email me at sales@jmcustomkydex.com with your contact info and the specs including color, and I can quote the order with shipping and how to pay. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Frank, I would suggest my normal AIWB, with extra tuck , full guard, in .093 thick kydex(.093 will give you two set of holes in the holster body and the split loop will have two adjustment holes as well). (color is up to you) with a split loop and order an extra quick on/off clip. That should cover the bases for you. Email me at sales@jmcustomkydex.com with your contact info and the specs including color, and I can quote the order with shipping and how to pay. Thanks
    Tony, thank you for your help, the email is on its way.
    Frank

Does anyone have both the George and the original JM AIWB? If so what is the difference in thickness between the 2 at the wedge? And how does the grip tuck differ? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Does anyone have both the George and the original JM AIWB? If so what is the difference in thickness between the 2 at the wedge? And how does the grip tuck differ? Thanks in advance.
    Jay, for measuring purposes , there is about 3/16" of an inch of difference and the thickest part of the wedge.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Personally, I don't think there is much of a loss in grip tuck between the George and standard AIWB. I prefer how the George gives me less belt bulge.

For ref: 6'1" 215lbs, about a handful worth of gut flab. So, average not-a-big-beer-drinker dad frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had some issues with the muzzle end of my last JM AIWB holster (for a G19) digging into my pelvis... Has anyone found that the extra tuck helps keep the muzzle from digging in? I was running the split loops and a quality belt too.

My last JM holster was stolen with my gun and I wanted to see if there were any ways to make the holster a little more comfortable. Nine months later I have my gun back in hand and it looks the same as it did when it was stolen, minus the holster unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List