Page 72 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Currently into hour 6 of my trip to the Single Stack Nationals carrying me M9A1 Compact in a JMCK AIWB. Comfortable as can be.
    Last edited by Lon; 05-06-2015 at 01:47 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Just got my George AIWB g17 holster and I'm really digging it. Previously I have been carrying with a g19 size shaggy and I noticed the longer length of the g17 holster makes it a no go with some of the pants I have. This leads me to two questions:

1. Any recommendations for not-terrible jeans that have a high rise? I'm only able to wear this holster with RRL straight legs currently.

2. Would higher riding belt loops on the holster be a possible remedy?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    Just got my George AIWB g17 holster and I'm really digging it. Previously I have been carrying with a g19 size shaggy and I noticed the longer length of the g17 holster makes it a no go with some of the pants I have. This leads me to two questions:

1. Any recommendations for not-terrible jeans that have a high rise? I'm only able to wear this holster with RRL straight legs currently.

2. Would higher riding belt loops on the holster be a possible remedy?
    On the rare occasion I wear jean's, I wear Kuhl's, which work well for me with AIWB.

Finally got mine ordered for the BHP
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    As noted previously, I started out using AIWB carry nearly 30 years ago and have gone through a LOT of holsters. I currently primarily use the superb JM Custom AIWB holster with extra tuck and solid belt loop to carry a 9 mm Glock or M&P AIWB each day, including bicycling to and from work. Whenever possible, I prefer to have a light on my pistol; so far the inability to easily have a light on my pistol has been one of the drawbacks to AIWB carry. Fortunately Tony Mayer at JM Custom solved that problem when he fabricated an AIWB holster that allows me to carry a G19 with x300U light installed. The draw is just as quick as with my standard JM custom AIWB. Last week I had to drive several hours to an all day meeting and then several more hours back home, all while wearing suit and was perfectly comfortable wearing my new JM Custom AIWB holster.

I just ordered a JMCK AIWB for a 5" 1911 with a x300 Ultra. Can you tell me if the width of the light counteracts the extra tuck on the slide portion of the holster? As in, does it push the grip out more than the extra tuck pushes it in?

Crash41984,

I just ordered a JMCK AIWB for a 5" 1911 with a x300 Ultra. Can you tell me if the width of the light counteracts the extra tuck on the slide portion of the holster? As in, does it push the grip out more than the extra tuck pushes it in?

The extra tuck feature on this design is over the light, not the slide like a non light bearing aiwb. Thanks for the order.

Tony
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Tony,

Thank you much sir! I'll be waiting patiently.

Tony - I've been using the G17 length holster for my G19 for a long time now and it works perfectly (No extra tuck, G19 wedge). With that in mind what length are you recommending for the Glock 43? Any pros or cons using your standard AIWB VS the George?

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Tony - I've been using the G17 length holster for my G19 for a long time now and it works perfectly (No extra tuck, G19 wedge). With that in mind what length are you recommending for the Glock 43? Any pros or cons using your standard AIWB VS the George?
    IRISH, I would suggest adding length to the 43 (like my tuckable aiwb adds length) , it will stabilize it, prevent roll out, and aid in concealment. The wedge will be the same for the normal or the George due to the grip size of the 43 being small. Let me know if that answers your questions, thanks.

Tony
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    IRISH, I would suggest adding length to the 43 (like my tuckable aiwb adds length) , it will stabilize it, prevent roll out, and aid in concealment. The wedge will be the same for the normal or the George due to the grip size of the 43 being small. Let me know if that answers your questions, thanks.

Tony
    Sounds good. Email inbound.

User Tag List