Page 62 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyVain View Post
    Is it difficult to thread a belt through the fixed loops?
    Thought I'd reply to this, 'cos I just got the fixed loop for my P-01 holster.

My unstiffened Wilderness belt fits fine; snug in a good way.

My stiffened (polymer lined) Wilderness belt barely makes it through, because of the velcro section. It was sized for OWB or 1911 IWB, so it's too short anyway.

My 1.5" Monica Kuehn cow leather gunbelt is as snug as it could be and still function. You can’t even shake the holster off. I wouldn't use this day-in, day-out without either asking Tony to make me larger loops, or buying a new, slimmer belt.

My Volund belt is precisely 1.5” wide and 3/16” thick, but it has additional loops and velcro for the g-hook system. The tip of the belt fits through fine. The sections with velcro and loops don’t fit through at all; you'd need pliers to get them back out. (DAMHIK)

I can use my Volund belt if I rig things just right so that my holster sits at the end of the belt before it connects to the other end, which is what I'm doing right now.

The split kydex loops are noticeably more rigid than the soft loops. Obviously with a stiff belt it's much less convenient to take the holster off.

Pics:

Last edited by holygoat; 01-03-2015 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Shrink first pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Volund Gearworks Atlas for me.
    Another vote for the Atlas G-Hook Belt!

I've noticed a new option from when i last placed my order: a thickness option.

Does anyone have any experience between the 0.08" and 0.093" thickness holsters?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambooshoots View Post

Does anyone have any experience between the 0.08" and 0.093" thickness holsters?
    I've had multiples of both. All current and future will be .093" due the the fact it's thick enough for Tony to add two set's of mounting holes, allowing both a standard and high ride option without needing a new belt loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambooshoots View Post

I run the thicker version. It's suppose to be more durable and with the thicker material you able to have multiple holes for height adjustment.

ETA: 1911FAN beat me to it but didn't see it until the screen refreshed

Thanks for the input guys. I had initially ordered the thicker version but started to worry about how much it would affect concealability.

We are diminished
    If you factor in the back side of the holster, the front side of the holster, and two thicknesses of fixed belt loop, it's a difference of 1/20th of an inch.

If 1/20th of an inch makes or breaks your concealment system, you need to lose some weight.
    (not you, Bambooshoots)

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    If you factor in the back side of the holster, the front side of the holster, and two thicknesses of fixed belt loop, it's a difference of 1/20th of an inch.

If 1/20th of an inch makes or breaks your concealment system, you need to lose some weight.
    (not you, Bambooshoots)
    I've went from 250# to 186#.

I'm doing ok in that department

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. I ordered a full sweat guard but I'm having second thoughts about it. My original thinking was that it would help with comfort but I'm not so sure anymore. Any input on the sweat guard lengths pros and cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List