Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Wearing a gun at AIWB with enough ride height to give you a good purchase of the grip, is always going to stick into your stomach while seated. No matter who's holster you are wearing, it will do that. You just have to get use to it. It will take your body getting use to it over a period of days, and sometimes weeks.

We are diminished
    Assessing a gun position for aiwb without a holster is as useful as assessing recoil control without live ammo. The whole point is that a well designed and executed aiwb holster will make the gun more comfortable and concealable than carrying in the same location without a holster.

I ordered one for the G19. Looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for the info in the thread.
    In honor of AW2 Jason Edward Lawson (The Law). We'll never forget you.
    http://www.tourohio.com/fleetaw/Memorial/Lawson.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaw View Post
    I ordered one for the G19. Looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for the info in the thread.
    I hope you enjoy your holster! Thank you justcor for all the info in the thread. If John Mayor had a mold for the P2000SK, I would have bought one without further hesitation. Unfortunately, he says he's unable to procure a blue gun for it. He offered to trim it down, adjust it for the grip height I wanted, etc. Gave me plenty of info over the phone and email. He seems great to do business with, and had offered to try to make a P2000 mold work for me - as long as I could give him the differences.

It looks like the differences are a little more than I expected though (different trigger guards).

Rec'd mine today for a M&P9c. I can't be happier. Tony is now on my "recommended" list, for whatever that's worth.

fit & finish excellent
    comfort excellent
    concealment excellent

Me ... happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilryth View Post
    I hope you enjoy your holster! Thank you justcor for all the info in the thread. If John Mayor had a mold for the P2000SK, I would have bought one without further hesitation. Unfortunately, he says he's unable to procure a blue gun for it. He offered to trim it down, adjust it for the grip height I wanted, etc. Gave me plenty of info over the phone and email. He seems great to do business with, and had offered to try to make a P2000 mold work for me - as long as I could give him the differences.

It looks like the differences are a little more than I expected though (different trigger guards).
    There is no "blue gun" for the P2000SK, but there *is* a "red gun" for it: http://www.amazon.com/ASP-P2000-Comp...4883377&sr=8-6

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

jmjames, thanks for the heads up. I will get one ordered.

VolGrad, thanks for the nod, glad it's working out.

JM Custom Kydex on the left.

Just received a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster for my G19 on Thursday. Posted lead time when I ordered was 3 to 4 weeks. I ordered mine the evening of March 28th and received my shipping notification on April 17th...so total time from order to shipping was 2 weeks and 6 days. Tony was prompt in responding to my emails, and accommodated a change to my order two weeks after I placed it. I was very impressed with customer service during the order process from start to finish.

As Volgrad observed, the fit and finish of the holster are outstanding. Its design works very well for my thin body type, adding very little to the footprint of my G19, yet it does a fantastic job of tucking the butt of the gun into my body. In short, both comfort and concealment are great for me. This will be my go-to cc holster for my G19. For what it's worth, I'm someone who is very sensitive about printing. I'm thin and wear relatively form fitting clothes, and will have no problem adequately concealing with this holster in the majority of my wardrobe. I will post another review after I've used it for a few months.

I'm interested to hear reviews from those who also own a Shaggy. I have to believe that the JM conceals at least as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    I'm interested to hear reviews from those who also own a Shaggy. I have to believe that the JM conceals at least as well.
    I have a shaggy for a g19 and a jm for a g17. I use the g19 in both holsters and there is no difference in concealment for me. Fit and finish are excellent on both. I had great experiences with the makers of each holster as well. Fast response and delivery was before the quoted date.

User Tag List