Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Did you go kydex loop or the leather loops? I'd like to see a picture of the kydex loop set up.
    I went with the kydex loop, thinking it would be a little more low-profile than the leather loops.

I went with the snap loops. I like the idea of the kydex tunnel loop but they've never worked for me.

I placed an order for the double loops. I also requested that Tony send me a picture of the kydex attachment on the holster so I could possibly change the order before it's made if I like the design. I'll post the picture when I receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by jstyer View Post
    Is the holster reviewed the full guard model?
    Yes it is. I personally would not order anything but the full guard. I do not want the slide touching my body especially when that slide might be hot from firing drills.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    How much clearance is there between the top of the belt and the root of the trigger guard?
    About an 1/8 to 1/4 inch higher than the the two Shaggy's I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    Justcor
    What are the differences between the JM and shaggy and why do you prefer it?
    I like the slightly higher ride height and the tuck is nearly identical. Also the belt loops are about 1/2 inch farther apart which I think helps keep the holster from moving around. I prefer the belt loops over the Kydex loop as it is easier to take on and off.

Hello

Hello everyone. I thought i would get on here and introduce myself and tell you a little about my company. First off my name is Tony Mayer and I am the owner of JM Custom Kydex. I started building holsters professionally in January of last year, but have been building holsters for the last 3 years for myself and others. I do this full time out of a shop in Reno, NV and I have three part time employee's. Thanks for all the orders I have received over the last few days and my lead times are accurate and I try to update them weekly if needed or sooner if the order volume dictates it. I have been getting some questions about pics of my kydex loop on my aiwb. I will be taking some new product photos on Thursday the 5th of April and as soon as my web designer can get them up I will let everyone know. If you want it sooner I can take a few, but I warn you, I am not a photographer by any stretch. I will try and answer any questions you have.

Thanks to justcor for the review and his wife for taking the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Hello everyone. I thought i would get on here and introduce myself and tell you a little about my company. First off my name is Tony Mayer and I am the owner of JM Custom Kydex. I started building holsters professionally in January of last year, but have been building holsters for the last 3 years for myself and others. I do this full time out of a shop in Reno, NV and I have three part time employee's. Thanks for all the orders I have received over the last few days and my lead times are accurate and I try to update them weekly if needed or sooner if the order volume dictates it. I have been getting some questions about pics of my kydex loop on my aiwb. I will be taking some new product photos on Thursday the 5th of April and as soon as my web designer can get them up I will let everyone know. If you want it sooner I can take a few, but I warn you, I am not a photographer by any stretch. I will try and answer any questions you have.

Thanks to justcor for the review and his wife for taking the pics.
    Welcome aboard, and thanks for joining.

Also, thanks for your quick response to my email about the kydex loop.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

If my PIC IWB doesn't work out, I'm going to try one of the IWB models out.

I'm new to AIWB and have a P2000sk I'm trying to conceal with a minimalist kydex holster, while still keeping the butt against my side. Trying to keep the grip kinda close to the belt, so the gun doesn't roll and so I can sit down easier.

Considering the JM, the Shaggy (can't find one for sale), and the Garrett Thunder Slim II. I'm concerned the Slim II might be a little thick because of the leather interior.. so that makes me wonder about the JM.

Is the JM adjustable? The height is the only thing that may be a problem for me, since the P2000SK is 3.25" bbl and it conceals better & sits more comfortably with a lower grip. I sent JM an email too.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Kilryth View Post
    I'm new to AIWB and have a P2000sk I'm trying to conceal with a minimalist kydex holster, while still keeping the butt against my side. Trying to keep the grip kinda close to the belt, so the gun doesn't roll and so I can sit down easier.

Considering the JM, the Shaggy (can't find one for sale), and the Garrett Thunder Slim II. I'm concerned the Slim II might be a little thick because of the leather interior.. so that makes me wonder about the JM.

Is the JM adjustable? The height is the only thing that may be a problem for me, since the P2000SK is 3.25" bbl and it conceals better & sits more comfortably with a lower grip. I sent JM an email too.

Thanks guys
    Kilryth,

You don't list what you are using now but In my experience the main reason for the holster rolling out is it is either to high OR you have a large fat roll . The wedge design of whatever holster maker you buy will help but if the ride height is to high it will cant the holster and gun out. I can say that the Shaggy and JM both tuck very close to the same. Ride height is also important as you want it as low as possible with the ability to obtain a master grip when drawing.

Lastly if you are new to AIWB you will need to play around with placement on the belt line for awhile. Sometimes as little as a half of an inch makes a large difference. I wear standard Levi's or Vertex pants and I am lucky that both allow me to run the snap loops between the belt loops so I'm able to place the holster in the same spot every time.

If you haven't already check out this thread. http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ndix-Carry%29/
    There is a whole lot of great information contained in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by justcor View Post
    Kilryth,

You don't list what you are using now but In my experience the main reason for the holster rolling out is it is either to high OR you have a large fat roll . The wedge design of whatever holster maker you buy will help but if the ride height is to high it will cant the holster and gun out. I can say that the Shaggy and JM both tuck very close to the same. Ride height is also important as you want it as low as possible with the ability to obtain a master grip when drawing.

Lastly if you are new to AIWB you will need to play around with placement on the belt line for awhile. Sometimes as little as a half of an inch makes a large difference. I wear standard Levi's or Vertex pants and I am lucky that both allow me to run the snap loops between the belt loops so I'm able to place the holster in the same spot every time.

If you haven't already check out this thread. http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ndix-Carry%29/
    There is a whole lot of great information contained in that thread.
    Thanks Justcor! I have been following those threads. They're helpful. I am new to AIWB, so I have nothing to compare it to. I've just been trying different placements with the P2000SK unholstered, unloaded. It fits perfect at 1 and 2 oclock. If I worked an inch or two off my waist, it'd be ok at 12 oclock too. The higher grip height jerks into my stomach when I sit. The low grip height doesn't seem to bother me with the 2000SK, unless the grip is ON the beltline.

I'm very happy that JM made something similar to the Shaggy. They seem to be some of the lowest profile holsters for AIWB that I've seen (while still doing the job)

User Tag List