Page 28 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

I ordered mine (Lefty .80 black AIWB for G19/23 + extra tuck + loops and a mag holder) on Friday and I'm looking forward to getting it in. My only past experience carrying AIWB was with a G-Code Incog, which I would describe as "sub-optimal."

Does anyone have any comment on the two Kydex thickness options? Does it make much of a difference?

Kobalt60, thanks for the business. To answer your question, the .093 is a more "rigid" retention, helps more with heat dispersion, and is going to be a little tougher. Comfort wise I don't think the end user can tell the difference. Hope that answers your question and let me know if you have any more. Thanks

I wore my JM G19 extra tuck solid loop full guard appendix holster on a 12 mile (6 up, 6 down), 5,000 ft elevation gain hike this last Saturday on very rocky uneven terrain (UT west desert). I don't use the waist belt with my day pack so it worked beautifully. The fact that Tony seals the hardware points with some kind of sealant/adhesive ensured the gun was protected from the heavy persperation that likes to collect near the trigger guard area. I had zero comfort or rubbing issues with this setup. A tiny amount of corrosion on the trigger guard screw hole plate rectified with some clp afterwards. This holster has proven itself for my needs in heavy outdoor use.

EMC, thanks for the business and good to know my holster works for you.

I'm trying to decide between soft loops or regular or high ride kydex loops. I think the kydex loops would help with concealmeant by holding it steady but the softloops would be easier to get on and off... it should be noted that I over think everything.

The the ride issue is probably more personal/dependent on body type. As for easy on/off, I think the kydex loops are easier, but that's probably because at AIWB, my holster sits right next to the belt buckle. It's way easier for me to unbuckle and slide the holster out.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I'm trying to decide between soft loops or regular or high ride kydex loops. I think the kydex loops would help with concealmeant by holding it steady but the softloops would be easier to get on and off... it should be noted that I over think everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I opted for the soft loops and have been really pleased with them... I keep them tucked under the flap of my Wilderness belt and they don't move around but I can still remove the holster if need be without having to undo my belt.
    "A man's character is his fate."

I can speak for the soft loops, but I have the split kydex loops, and it's very easy on/off. Keeps my gun very secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    The the ride issue is probably more personal/dependent on body type. As for easy on/off, I think the kydex loops are easier, but that's probably because at AIWB, my holster sits right next to the belt buckle. It's way easier for me to unbuckle and slide the holster out.
    Hmm. What sort of belt are you using? Leather or nylon? I have an ATLAS belt and I can see those loops being a pain to get on and off.

Since my last post, I've got my JMCK AIWB rig dialed in. A few weeks ago I used it at a carbine match to see how it worked under challenging conditions (lots of running and positional shooting), and the holster worked great.

I am using the soft loops on a Wilderness frequent flier belt (with the buckle at 11:00). I was initially worried about keeping the holster in place, but found that it stays put even when the belt isn't super tight.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List