Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1219

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Quote Originally Posted by jwhit View Post
    Is this setup still working for you after a few years? I have a JM Custom Kydex AIWB 2.5 on the way and am thinking about getting an Incog clip for it just like yours so I can tuck in my shirt if I need to. I carry a USP 45 though so IDK if it would work with just one clip.
    Not @Bucky, but I had Tony put both upper and lower holes in my AIWB 2.5. Ended up using just the single DCC clip. This works very well for me, but my carry gun is not as large as a USP.

Name:  IMG_1038.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  93.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Not @Bucky, but I had Tony put both upper and lower holes in my AIWB 2.5. Ended up using just the single DCC clip. This works very well for me, but my carry gun is not as large as a USP.

I'll try a single clip over the wing since I didn't have Tony put extra holes on the holster and if it doesn't work out then that's ok with me. Do the screws that hold the wing on have enough length to add a clip over top of it?

Do the screws that hold the wing on have enough length to add a clip over top of it?
    Gotcha. The steel on the DCC clip is pretty thin; but I would guess so? Probably better directed to @Tony Mayer though...

Is this setup still working for you after a few years? I have a JM Custom Kydex AIWB 2.5 on the way and am thinking about getting an Incog clip for it just like yours so I can tuck in my shirt if I need to. I carry a USP 45 though so IDK if it would work with just one clip.
    It still works well. The Beretta compact isn't a light gun. With a single clip, the gun will move a little with your body, but to me that's a more comfortable solution as it moves away from where the pressure is.

I'll try a single clip over the wing since I didn't have Tony put extra holes on the holster and if it doesn't work out then that's ok with me. Do the screws that hold the wing on have enough length to add a clip over top of it?
    I added the clip where the tension screws are. I can't recall if I used the factory screws or slightly longer screws to install the clip (it's been a couple years now).

ETA: Re-looking at it, they are the same screws. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    It still works well. The Beretta compact isn't a light gun. With a single clip, the gun will move a little with your body, but to me that's a more comfortable solution as it moves away from where the pressure is.

I added the clip where the tension screws are. I can't recall if I used the factory screws or slightly longer screws to install the clip (it's been a couple years now).

ETA: Re-looking at it, they are the same screws. Oops.
    Thank you! When I get around to doing the same thing, I'll let you know how it works for me.

No. the wing claw 2.5 screws are 3/4" long, the 2.0 screws are 7/8" or an 1" as they need to go thru the loop and any spacers needed. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I’m in the process of ordering what I believe to be the exact same holster for the same gun (P365XL) w/TLR-7sub. Did you go with the full sweat guard? The P365 corrosion resistance is a bit lacking but I also read in the JMCK FAQ that full sweat guard wasn’t recommended with optic cut. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I’m in the process of ordering what I believe to be the exact same holster for the same gun (P365XL) w/TLR-7sub. Did you go with the full sweat guard? The P365 corrosion resistance is a bit lacking but I also read in the JMCK FAQ that full sweat guard wasn’t recommended with optic cut. Thanks.
    Yes, full guard for mine.

Yes, full guard for mine.
    Do you mind showing a pic of that side or pointing me to one?

I see that grey/white "C-N-Side" is now available as an option, or maybe it was before and I've just missed it until now. This seems ideal to me, because it lets you have a non-eye-catching color on the outside, but the brightest color available on the inside of the holster. Has anyone tried this? If it requires two thinner layers of kydex instead of one I wonder if that has any downsides.

User Tag List