Page 102 of 122 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1219

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

One more quick question Tony. If I wanted to order aiwb single mag pouch for this gun which model would I choose? It's for the extended mag for Springfield Mod2 45. I don't see it as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Well Tony, just for the fact that you responded as quickly and thoroughly to my post (on a random Internet forum) as you did...you've earned my business. I will be ordering shortly and will be anxiously waiting for what I hope will become my preferred carry option. . Look forward to doing business with you and hope to have a long and happy relationship with my new holster! Thanks again for your time, Brian.
    Brian, that was exactly my response to the level of customer service received from Tony (and the useful suggestions supplied by the forum members).
    The holster that Tony is recommending to you is the same as the one I received with the only possible difference, (besides firearm), being that I went with the medium guard. If your experience is like mine you'll be one very happy camper.

One more quick question Tony. If I wanted to order aiwb single mag pouch for this gun which model would I choose? It's for the extended mag for Springfield Mod2 45. I don't see it as an option.
    Curly, order using the Mod 2 .45 as your mag choice, and let me know in the comments that you have the extended mag.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Curly, order using the Mod 2 .45 as your mag choice, and let me know in the comments that you have the extended mag.

Thanks
    Mod2 45 isn't an option on the drop down menu???
    XDM 45 is in the drop down. Is it the same mag?
    Last edited by Curly; 09-15-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Mod2 45 isn't an option on the drop down menu???
    XDM 45 is in the drop down. Is it the same mag?
    Whoops, yes, same mag. Just let me know in the comments you have the extended mag. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Tony, order is complete. Thanks so much for your help!

This seems a likely place to get some additional input on AIWB.

I've sent these questions to Tony but wanted to also get some input from ya'll (and possibly reduce the workload on Tony vis a vis back and forth.)

Background

I am new to CCW since July. I have just gone through 90 days of carry of my Walther PPS M2 with a JM CK Version 3 at 8:30 (I'm a lefty). IWB at 8:30 was not super comfortable for me. Getting the loops over the belt and then getting everything done up was a pain. Because it being 8:30, I had a hard time reaching the snaps.

Self Assessment

I am 5'6" and 185; I am in loose 34" cargo shorts and Dri-Fit T shirt almost all the time.

My typical retired day is generally walking the dog, driving the truck, sitting eating lunch, yard work, sightseeing, or walking to and fro.

Equipment

Yesterday I traded the Walther for a P30SK LEM V1 because: reasons. I had an open order in with Tony for an IWB version 1 for the Walther, but I've asked him for permission to "hold" that order, since I no longer have that pistol.

Now, with the HK, being hammer fired, I would like to consider AIWB. Things I like about AIWB:

- it seems quick to insert the holster, do the snap, and done.
    - draws HAVE to be quicker than 8:30. I have trouble clearing my T shirt at 8:30.

Questions

With regard to the AIWB Wing Claw, if it should work out that I decide not to wear AIWB, is there any reason I can't detach the claw, remove the wedge and use it as an IWB holster at 8:30?

On the wedge, generally is this for thinner frame folks, or would more normal guys benefit? I assume being velcro'd, it could be removed if needed...?

Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-08-2016 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Werds r hard

JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Questions

With regard to the AIWB Wing Claw, if it should work out that I decide not to wear AIWB, is there any reason I can't detach the claw, remove the wedge and use it as an IWB holster at 8:30?

On the wedge, generally is this for thinner frame folks, or would more normal guys benefit? I assume being velcro'd, it could be removed if needed...?

Thanks for any advice.
    I recently worked a gig that required a suit/tie with very discreet carry of several items. I moved my DSG AIWB holster behind my hip. I left the wing claw in place as it helped further push the grip of the pistol against my body. It worked so well at concealing the pistol that the team leader asked about the holster since even when he was looking for the pistol he couldn't figure out exactly where it was under my jacket. We worked this gig for several days and I had no issues with printing. I don't see why one couldn't remove the wing claw however I think it helps to conceal the pistol even when behind the hip.

I think the wedge helps regardless of body type. For me, it's more comfortable as it seems to keep the muzzle end of the holster from digging into my groin.

Sent from my iPhone using a Wolverine.
    Last edited by Paul Sharp; 10-08-2016 at 03:14 PM.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Rich,

Everything that Paul said.

I would also consider seeing if Tony can do you a Universal model with the wing claw added on. The big metal clip is just more versatile than the other options, IMO. It is also perfectly suited to transition to strongside carry if aiwb isn't for you on the regular.

Considering that you do a lot of road tripping, aiwb is a very good option to have access to. It's far more comfy and accessible in my experience working from seated positions.

You are correct that it's a lot easier to do administrative manipulations of the holster forward of your hips. It's easier to check for obstructions as well. I also find it much easier to conceal a duty sized gun in the aiwb position, which would be good for you were you to decide to rock the VP9 as a regular carry option someday in the future. (Or if you broke down and bought yourHKs another sister because they were getting lonely)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    This seems a likely place to get some additional input on AIWB...
    Thought I would post up in case any one else is considering AIWB with my body shape; tl;dr: Not sure I am made for AIWB:

I've been experimenting with literally just the unloaded P30SK inside my cargo shorts front this weekend. Long story short, I don't think I am the right body type (too big in the middle, too short waisted, chest too large) for it to be comfortable for me at this time.

So, I tried the P30SK in the VP9 IWB 1 today at 8 o'clock with my more flexible Uncle Mike's rigger belt. Even though the P30SK is not a great fit, and the VP9 holster is larger, I find that the back of the hip carry is good sitting, it is off my hip bone, I can manage a draw, and there is not the weight pull that I was seeing with the Walther with the IWB 3 single clip.

I will continue to try this combo this week but honestly I think "for now" to get me a baseline of carrying every day (first rule: carry a gun) then I am leaning to a IWB version 1 for the P30SK (I am finding I like the soft loops more, now that I figured out how they open only one way.)

If rule one is "carry your gun" I think 'for me' back of hip carry will allow me to do that, with more comfort doing the things I do, than AIWB at this time. Thanks everyone for the excellent advice in this thread.

User Tag List