Page 118 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1219

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

I have two JMCK holsters. Both are quality holsters, but neither quite hit the spot on my body type. I recently made a tweak, and it’s made a huge difference. My 92 Compact disappears now, and I even did a mock-up Centurion, and I think I could pull off the full size grip now.

The holster is the AIWB 2.5 and the mod I did was use a single INCOG belt clip. The INCOG clip drops the gun about 1/4 lower, or more, than any of my stock attachments (clip, soft and hard loops) and allows the gun to rock slightly.

Name:  C2E6B981-5128-49C2-9965-9DFE6B289DB0.jpg
Views: 1555
Size:  77.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have two JMCK holsters. Both are quality holsters, but neither quite hit the spot on my body type. I recently made a tweak, and it’s made a huge difference. My 92 Compact disappears now, and I even did a mock-up Centurion, and I think I could pull off the full size grip now.

The holster is the AIWB 2.5 and the mod I did was use a single INCOG belt clip. The INCOG clip drops the gun about 1/4 lower, or more, than any of my stock attachments (clip, soft and hard loops) and allows the gun to rock slightly.

I've tried single clip holsters with the B92 and the problem I experienced was that it is quite grip heavy and so it tends to sag towards the belt line compromising my ability to get a good grip on the draw. Maybe the compact being 13 or 15+1 and being shorter in the grip works better, but a full size or Centurion with Mec-Gar 18 round magazine was just too much to support without sag using one clip, even with a very stiff belt. What I like about the JMCK AIWB 2.0 is the wide placement of the clips/overhooks, and one of the few holsters I've found to work well for me. But... I'm medium fat so maybe the problem I'm having is related to my body shape?

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I've tried single clip holsters with the B92 and the problem I experienced was that it is quite grip heavy and so it tends to sag towards the belt line compromising my ability to get a good grip on the draw. Maybe the compact being 13 or 15+1 and being shorter in the grip works better, but a full size or Centurion with Mec-Gar 18 round magazine was just too much to support without sag using one clip, even with a very stiff belt. What I like about the JMCK AIWB 2.0 is the wide placement of the clips/overhooks, and one of the few holsters I've found to work well for me. But... I'm medium fat so maybe the problem I'm having is related to my body shape?
    This clip is pretty rugged, and I cinch my belt real tight, so I’ve not experienced and issues with sag. I’m running 15+1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I spent some time comparing @JSGlock34’s George aiwb to my claw 1.0 aiwb yesterday. Both were setup in the high ride position, both using the same foam wedge. I found that they required a different carry position to maximize concealment. See pics below. I put a G17 mag in my 19 to highlight how well the grip is tucked. For reference, I wear a 32-34 pant size.
    Just wanted to mention that this, and the various comments on modifying wings, helped me a lot. I wear my holsters closer to 1:30 than 12:00 and have always had issues with the back of the slide printing. I tried removing the attachment from the Modwings on my two Wing Claw 2.5s. On the one with DCC clips in the center I ended up adding some spacers to replace it with just some minimum extra material. Both conceal far better now. To me, the Wing Claw models seem to have just a bit of grip rotation built into them, so for my build they don't need a ton more help from the wing to hit the perfect amount. Based on comments here I was thinking I may need to consider a George down the line, but after experimenting I really like the adjustability of the 2.5s.

Got some new JM goodness today.

Name:  F321CD87-44BE-492F-95A2-66A325E67C54.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  54.3 KB
    Name:  D0DDE3A5-D507-431D-9E7D-1DB17BF46AEF.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  56.0 KB
    Name:  57EBE306-572E-482E-8A50-52C79BACB876.jpg
Views: 1317
Size:  60.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Light Bearing AIWB 2.0

I've had my Light Bearing AIWB 2.0 for several weeks now and it just reinforces my belief that Tony makes the best product out there.

I'm running a G45 with a Holosun 508 and Olight PL-2 and with this holster and a foam wedge I can completely conceal in just about kind of shirt (moisture wicking tees and polos always give me problems because they tend to cling to the gun).

As with Gio and Elwin I had to do a little trial and error to find the sweet spot (for me about 1:00, straddling the belt loop on most pants), and also removed the wing "pad" (not sure of the right term) because it rotated a little too much and the RDS would print. Without the pad it gives just a little touch to keep the grip in.

I got the DC Clips for the first time and I am now a convert! They hold equally well with or without a belt though carrying a gun this heavy without a belt is a little problematic; I believe they would work perfectly with a lighter gun even on drawstring athletic shorts.

I also got the high ride mag pouch (not my first one) and highly recommend it. The depth adjustment really lets you get exactly the right balance between accessibility and concealability.

I heard a lot of positive reviews about Kydex Holsters.

I had a JMCK 2.5 for 4 years but recently lost some weight and found it to create a bulge at my centerline. So I went ahead and purchased the regular AIWB from Tony and it cured the issue completely. I should also say thank for making the 1911 holsters a quick ship product! The high ride mag carrier is superlative in ever way as well and has not been changed in the 3+ years I’ve had it, I just added a DCC monoblock which made it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post

Is this setup still working for you after a few years? I have a JM Custom Kydex AIWB 2.5 on the way and am thinking about getting an Incog clip for it just like yours so I can tuck in my shirt if I need to. I carry a USP 45 though so IDK if it would work with just one clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Qertyn View Post
    I have one OWB Kydex as it was listed as the best holster for taurus tx22. I never owned AIWB holsters for one reason, they’re not comfortable.
    Which ones have you tried?

User Tag List