Page 21 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Paxamus, thanks and glad you like it.

Mr. Goodtimes, its overdue, but thanks for the kind words and the business.

jmjames, JBP55, Captain, Up1911Fan, an overdue thanks for the business, we really appreciate it.

SPDGG, what would you like to know ? I don't have any pics of Shield holsters as of now but next time I make one I will take a pic for you.

jd24876, same goes for the 250, next one I make I will take pics for you.

Thanks
    Tony

I've been a bit overdue to provide some feedback on it too!

I gotta say, I am VERY pleased with this holster (standard tuck, standard ride height). I'm carrying a P30. With my previous IWB (a hybrid model), I had to carry it WAY around my waist, closer to 6:00 than 3:00, anything close to 3:00 would make the butt stick out behind me and it would be pretty obvious that I had a big something under a shirt. It was hard for me to draw well because I had it so far back. To add to my discomfort, it seemed like my shirt was constantly getting hung on the butt of the gun, making the shirt ride up at best, and expose the gun at worst. I have two kids (about to turn 6 and 2) so I am constantly needing to bend over, which made the issue of the butt getting caught a really big deal. It's no fault of the holster I was using, just a fact of life presented by my build. Because I live in SC, I virtually never wear a jacket or any kind of over garment, so I really have to use a holster that works with just a shirt.

Switching to the JMCK AIWB has been night and day for me. The concealment is excellent. I'm 5'10", 230 lbs., some of that's gym weight, some of that is buffet line weight, and the gun the disappears. I went days before my wife even noticed it, and she only noticed it because she felt it. There were a lot of places where I *could* carry, but I wouldn't; I now carry in those places. After a few days of making a few adjustments (like belt tension and buckle placement, pants ride height, etc.) it is very comfortable. It digs into my thigh a bit when I sit in certain positions, and I'm glad I didn't opt for the extra tuck, but that's because my spare tire is putting a fair amount of pressure on it. The butt sinks into my stomach a bit and it sits just below the biggest part of the bulge, so the shirt drapes right over it without so much as a bump, and I'm wearing shirts that are properly sized for me, I don't need to put on an apron for concealment.

The ride height works great for me, I can get a full, comfortable grip on the pistol before the draw. I suspect that the extra ride height option would be great for someone a bit slimmer than me, but on my build it would just jam the gun into my gut. I can tie my shoes without issue and I've had entire days out and about with the kids without any of the concerns that I had previously. I immediately felt better drawing from it. My first few dry fire draws from concealment were miles above anything I could do with the IWB before. They are not as good as I do from an open carry OWB of course. But my previous draws were slow and inconsistent, and now I feel much more confident in my draw.

The price was great and so was the turnaround time. I received it earlier than the Web site said I would, which always makes my day.

Big thanks for an excellent product, a fair price, and quick service.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    SPDGG, what would you like to know ? I don't have any pics of Shield holsters as of now but next time I make one I will take a pic for you.
    Tony, thanks for the post & consideration. I found pics on your FB page, so I'm gtg.

Have a great one
    Last edited by SPDGG; 06-06-2013 at 09:32 PM.

OK.
    You guys are driving me nuts. I used to be ok waiting for mine to show up but I'm really getting anxious.

W

Quote Originally Posted by waynes View Post
    OK.
    You guys are driving me nuts. I used to be ok waiting for mine to show up but I'm really getting anxious.

W
    It'll be worth the wait, trust me.

I ordered my first AIWB holster based on the glowing reviews here. It will be for a Walther PPS. Looking forward to trying this out.

I got my JM Kustom (with the extra tuck) from a PF forum member. I was really hesitant at first about carrying a M&P 9fs AIWB but some of those issues were resolved by just wearing the holster. I am still very careful about reholstering and unholstering.

The JM Kustom seems to be very well built and I have had absolutely no issues with it. It actually accepts my M&P 45 mid-size as well.

jmjames, thanks for the review and I am glad that it's working out for you.

waynes , FredM , and rudy99 thanks for the business.

Keefus, thanks for the pics and the business.

Just got my JM Custom appendix rig (with extra tuck) for my P2000 a few days ago and l-o-v-e it.

Very, very nice quality and relatively quick turn-around time, too.

Tony, will you be making holsters for the P30L any time soon?

User Tag List