Page 115 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1219

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    The straps are attached to the struts that are attached toward the bottom with screws. The shirt is tucked behind the struts
    That's perfect, and what I figured. I've lost a ton of weight and AIWB is in my future. Has to be tuckable, though, for certain times. Looks like I'll be ordering soon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    That's perfect, and what I figured. I've lost a ton of weight and AIWB is in my future. Has to be tuckable, though, for certain times. Looks like I'll be ordering soon.
    If you want tuckable I wouldn't consider anything other than DCC clips. Can easily be clipped to the pants with the belt over them. There will be nothing discreet about two PTD loops on your belt with a tucked in shirt.
    Last edited by Up1911Fan; 10-11-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    If you want tuckable I wouldn't consider anything other than DCC clips. Can easily be clipped to the pants with the belt over them. There will be nothing discreet about two PTD loops on your belt with a tucked in shirt.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    mrozowjj, the claw designs will tuck the grip in tighter than the wedge designs, but not by much, especially with the smaller single stack 9's with there short grips. I would say if the AIWB holster works for your lifestyle now, then don't change. If you think you need more concealment, then go with the wing claw designs. The only difference between the 2 is the loops and how they attach. The 2.0 uses strut style loops that attach at the bottom which makes it tuckable. The Discreet Carry clips are the best option for the 2.0 out there right now for concealment coupled with easy ish on/off and security on the belt. No free lunches however, the DCC loops can be hard on clothes, YMMV. The 2.5 was originally designed in the wide hole pattern with pull the dot loops (still by far the most popular) and is how I would order it unless you were going to run a red dot sight. The 2.5 can also be ordered with a normal hole pattern and be able to use any of our available loop option as well as a Discreet Carry Clip option (narrow set up with both clips next to each other, basically one large clip). Hope that's cleared it up a bit for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
    I might give the claw a try. Sometimes I like to carry extended magazines with the smaller guns.

Do the DCC attach to your belt or to the pants themselves?

DCC clips are incredible retention to the belt. however the lip that tucks under the belt results in major wear on my pants. within a few weeks the pants are shredded under the belt. it seems some others have noted this. over
    time i have thus settled on pull the dot loops as providing me excellent retention without destroying clothing or belts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I might give the claw a try. Sometimes I like to carry extended magazines with the smaller guns.

Both depending on which clips you use.

The ones we use (Mod 4 universal height) are designed to go on a belt, however they can go under the belt over the pants. you will have a bit of clip showing under the belt though. DCC does make some clips designed to ride under the belt and not show.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    DCC clips are incredible retention to the belt. however the lip that tucks under the belt results in major wear on my pants. within a few weeks the pants are shredded under the belt. it seems some others have noted this. over
    time i have thus settled on pull the dot loops as providing me excellent retention without destroying clothing or belts.
    Something to try for this issue. Get a moleskin pad , not the one with extra padding but with adhesive backing and cut a tiny square out of it to wrap the "tooth" with. Smaller is better, your just trying to cover the corners/edges. Might give your pants some longevity. YMMV
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    The ones we use (Mod 4 universal height) are designed to go on a belt, however they can go under the belt over the pants. you will have a bit of clip showing under the belt though. DCC does make some clips designed to ride under the belt and not show.

Thanks
    One final potentially stupid quesiton. I was looking at your website to order and there is option for fixed soft loops but I can't seem to find a picture of them anyhwere to see what those would be.

My plan is to order the 2.5 with a few different clip options to see what works.

One final potentially stupid quesiton. I was looking at your website to order and there is option for fixed soft loops but I can't seem to find a picture of them anyhwere to see what those would be.

My plan is to order the 2.5 with a few different clip options to see what works.
    If you go to my site, Quick Ship Glock holsters, Wing Claw 2.5, the main picture (coyote holster with a 19) is the fixed soft loops. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List