Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1219

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

For my P30 V1 and G19. I went with the P30L and G17 lengths but just ordered a regular P30 length holster same exact model and color. I’ve got a few extra pounds on me and when sitting recently on a drive from Nashville TN to a Columbus OH there was a little discomfort. Mostly my fault, entire family was crammed into a Honda civic so I couldn’t lean the seat back a little.

Absolutely love these holsters. I shared in the general AIWB thread that I used to work for a custom kydex holster manufacturer years ago. These JMCK holsters are now my absolute favorite. I ordered from the quick ship option but believe these to by the “George” model.

“Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

The "George" was my first JMCK holster...and still a favorite.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The "George" was my first JMCK holster...and still a favorite.
    It’s really helped my concealment issues. A wing claw is a little painful for me but the build in “block” (for lack of better term”) doesn’t bother me at all and does a great job of tucking in the grip on my body.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    It’s really helped my concealment issues. A wing claw is a little painful for me but the build in “block” (for lack of better term”) doesn’t bother me at all and does a great job of tucking in the grip on my body.
    I never have an issue with tucking the grip with the "George" or the "winged" holsters. It's always the rear corner of the slide which I have to watch out for the telltale "dimple" in the fabric of the shirt. If that weren't the case, I'd never need a wedge at all...the holsters are comfortable for me both with and without.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    I see that grey/white "C-N-Side" is now available as an option, or maybe it was before and I've just missed it until now. This seems ideal to me, because it lets you have a non-eye-catching color on the outside, but the brightest color available on the inside of the holster. Has anyone tried this? If it requires two thinner layers of kydex instead of one I wonder if that has any downsides.
    I have a grey out /white in color scheme for one of my holsters, and it is the standard thickness single layer. I like it, whenever it is available I will spend the extra money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Do you mind showing a pic of that side or pointing me to one?
    Not at all.
    Name:  IMG_1559.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  31.3 KB

I have black velcro there because normally I stick a deflated Mastermind Tactics Appendix Carry Pillow (aka Junk Carry Pillow) there as an aid to comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    I see that grey/white "C-N-Side" is now available as an option, or maybe it was before and I've just missed it until now. This seems ideal to me, because it lets you have a non-eye-catching color on the outside, but the brightest color available on the inside of the holster. Has anyone tried this? If it requires two thinner layers of kydex instead of one I wonder if that has any downsides.
    FYI, it's only available in the custom section because it takes awhile for us to get it, so not something we can keep in stock enough to make it a quick ship. Good news is we are getting ahead on the custom lead times (probably will drop them before our yearly sale ) and may do a "kinda quick ship for that color" when we re do our website in the next month or so.

It is only one layer and it does work well. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    words words words words ...before our yearly sale ... words words words words...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    FYI, it's only available in the custom section because it takes awhile for us to get it, so not something we can keep in stock enough to make it a quick ship. Good news is we are getting ahead on the custom lead times (probably will drop them before our yearly sale ) and may do a "kinda quick ship for that color" when we re do our website in the next month or so.

It is only one layer and it does work well. Thanks
    That's good to hear. A co-worker of mine recently placed an order with you on my recommendation. She will be quite pleased if she receives it ahead of schedule.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I need to order a holster for my PX4 and am a big fan of JMCK. Was hoping to sneak in on the BF sale, but seem to have run into “paralysis by analysis,” lol.

I have a JMCK Wing Claw 2.0 for my G48 and my LTT 92G Centurion, bith which were purchased used. Both are solid, but I’ve found that the DCC clips on the 92G are a tiny bit too wide. I usually wear Duluth firehose pants during the winter and the belt loops up front are right where the clips need to be. To wear it, the holster has to be too far outside (2 o’clock or so), or too far inside (almost right at 12 o’clock) to clear the belt loop.

So I’m considering a Wing 2.5 w/ the DCC Monoblock for the PX4 to avoid the same issue. However, I’m worried about how well be Monoblock can control tilt from the weight of a full mag. Am I overthinking things here? I’ll need the optic cut and prefer clips to the PTD loops as I find the loops also allow more rotation and are just overall “clunkier” to use than the DCC options. Anybody have any advice? The Wing 2.5 w/ normal hole spacing and DCC option looks like it has a wider clip footprint than the Monoblock, but I’d prefer to avoid sending things back and forth if I can help it. Thanks in advance!

User Tag List