Page 110 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1219

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Site Supporter
    Got my OWB2 for the Beretta 92A1 last night. What an awesome holster! Thank you, Tony.

I had a few questions on my G43 AWIB which Tony promptly replied. Ordered and received within a few days. Great looking holster and have been testing the last few days. So far so good. Thanks for customer service and great product.

Received my JMCK AIWB holster and as expected, it's superbly crafted. This is my first venture into AIWB carry and after spending a few hours with this mode of carry, some observations;

• Much faster access vs. IWB behind the hip
    • Not as uncomfortable as I expected, but not as comfortable as behind the hip
    • Sitting is the biggest comfort challenge, but it feels like I'll get used to it
    • My PPS ends up directly under the seat belt in my car, but is still much faster to access vs. behind the hip

Photo below of my PPS in the JMCK AIWB with a DFS Holster mag carrier;

I purchased a used JMCK AIWB holster from another forum member for my LCR.
    The only modification I made was to Velcro a trimmed down Dr Scholls pad to it. This has been the most comfortable and well made AIWB holster I have ever used!
    I ordered a Glock 19 AIWB holster a few years ago. The quality was great but I quickly learned J frame/LCR sized revolvers are the limit for me.

Thanks for the business guys!! Happy you like the holsters!!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    This is my first venture into AIWB carry and after spending a few hours with this mode of carry, some observations;

• Much faster access vs. IWB behind the hip
    • Not as uncomfortable as I expected, but not as comfortable as behind the hip
    • Sitting is the biggest comfort challenge, but it feels like I'll get used to it
    • My PPS ends up directly under the seat belt in my car, but is still much faster to access vs. behind the hip

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I tried AWIB several times before it finally caught on for me. By "tried" I mean I put the gun/holster on for ~3 minutes and found it uncomfortable/less concealable than 3:00IWB and said "nope!" After revisiting this process a few times over 6-8 months I finally either got used to AWIB or found a "setup" that worked for me. One of the keys for me was realizing that my setup, particularly my belt, for AWIB is different than for 3:00 IWB.

For 3:00 IWB what works for me is a very stiff nylon webbing belt with infinite adjustment (like an Ares Aegis) that is cinched up pretty tight with my pistol on the right and a mag pouch on the left. The tight, stiff belt offers me the most comfort and conceal-ability. The mag pouch helps balance the weight of the pistol and aids in comfort and minimizes lopsidedness. When I tried this type belt set up a few times with AWIB it was not comfortable at all (duh, say most folks on PF). With this type of 3:00IWB set up a Glock 43 is more comfortable to carry than a Glock 19 (or put another way the weight of the gun has a bigger influence on my comfort level with 3:00IWB carry)

For AWIB what works for me is a less stiff nylon webbing belt with an adjustment I can "set-and-forget" (like a Volund Gearworks G-Hook Slim). I set this belt somewhat snug but not nearly as tight as my 3:00IWB setup. This set up, whether sitting or standing, is much, much more comfortable to me than the 3:00IWB set up. I have grown to only using 3:00IWB when I absolutely have to (e.g. wearing a coat and tie). The AWIB set up is also much more concealable across clothing types. What is a bit odd is that I found that carrying AWIB a G43 is less comfortable than carrying a G17, particularly when sitting down or bending over. On me the G43 seems to poke more when I sit down/bend over due to its shorter length where as the G17 seems to conform more to my shape. It's hard for me to explain but the larger gun is definitely more comfortable.

My AWIB knowledge/experience would not even rate me as a "novice" but I am just a few steps ahead of you in the journey and I thought my experience might be helpful.
    Last edited by Coal Train; 06-29-2017 at 10:12 AM.

I ordered a pair of JMCK George (Glock 17 and Wilson Combat/Beretta Brigadier Tactical 92G) holsters over the Black Friday sale. Not my first JMCK holsters, but my first foray into AIWB carry with JMCK. My previous AIWB efforts over the years (Eidolon, INCOG, and others) never took, and I tend to be a traditional strong side carrier, whether IWB or OWB.

The G17 in the George may be the first AIWB setup that keeps. Extremely comfortable, easy to get a master grip in the high ride position, stable on my belt with the split loop, very concealable. I'm using the split loops with a slight reverse cant. Turned in a few Advanced runs on the FAST from this holster today. Great holster.

I think I need a matching JMCK AIWB magazine pouch.

The BrigTac didn't work as well for me in the AIWB position; even in the highest ride position with the split loop I couldn't get a solid grip without scraping my knuckles on the belt. I'd really like to find a AIWB solution for the BrigTac, as I like the idea of a DA/SA gun with a hammer for AIWB carry. On a lark, I tried the George as a conventional IWB with the Brigadier Tactical and it seemed to work well with a decent cant - comfortable and concealable. I may give this a shot. Has anyone else used a George as a IWB? It seems similar to my IWB3s but with less material in a few places. I'm sure there are subtle differences that I'm not picking up on.

Once again, I'm very pleased with my JMCK purchase. Time is running out, but SKD is having a 20% New Year's Sale right now, and there appear to be a few JMCK holsters for Glocks and SIGs in stock...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

This is my 3rd JM holster. I bought a used g19 one that I've taped some foam to the back and with my 1911 and m9a3 I have the extra tuck.
    Attachment 22822

It's not quite as comfortable as the thinner 1911 holster (duh) but isn't bad on my hour long commute to work.
    The muzzle end might get modified as I think the kydex could be molded/trimmed to still cover the threaded muzzle but be less pokey to my tender vittals

I spent some time comparing @JSGlock34’s George aiwb to my claw 1.0 aiwb yesterday. Both were setup in the high ride position, both using the same foam wedge. I found that they required a different carry position to maximize concealment. See pics below. I put a G17 mag in my 19 to highlight how well the grip is tucked. For reference, I wear a 32-34 pant size.

The first pic is the George at 12:00-12:30 (where my pants overlap is 12:00). This position clearly doesn’t tuck the grip at all.
    Name:  C4F9C306-4F94-43EC-887D-2B204942068A.jpg
Views: 1554
Size:  42.9 KB

The second pic is the same holster pushed further right to about the 1:00-1:30 position. Much better grip tuck here and the sights sit flat against me.
    Name:  06B3DFF9-629D-4374-B16F-6C988889396C.jpg
Views: 1410
Size:  47.3 KB

This next pic is the claw 1.0 holster in the 12:00-12:30 position. The rear sights sit flat against me and the grip is tucked well.
    Name:  1A6DB602-11BF-4D9D-A379-84F9373FF57D.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  35.0 KB

Finally, the claw 1.0 at 1:00-1:30. Notice the grip tuck is still good, but the rear sights start to rotate away from me and will print through a shirt.
    Name:  B27FA888-261B-4AAE-B29A-80BCA016FC7B.jpg
Views: 1399
Size:  24.5 KB

I think this post is a great example of how the right holster and MINOR adjustments along the beltline, either vertically or horizontally, can make all the difference when trying to get an appendix rig dialed in. Likewise with foam wedge placement. Moving a wedge a half inch can take it from bulky and uncomfortable to hitting the perfect spot in the crease of your leg and eliminating pressure points. Belts too: I use the less rigid Magpul Burro belt for daily EDC UNLESS I'm carrying a 92 series. The weight of that gun is just the breaking point of the softer holster. Going back to a cobra belt makes that gun comfortable where its almost unlivable with the magpul belt. That, while I can carry my p30 on the magpul belt 10 straight hours happily.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I spent some time comparing @JSGlock34’s George aiwb to my claw 1.0 aiwb yesterday. Both were setup in the high ride position, both using the same foam wedge. I found that they required a different carry position to maximize concealment. See pics below. I put a G17 mag in my 19 to highlight how well the grip is tucked. For reference, I wear a 32-34 pant size.

The first pic is the George at 12:00-12:30 (where my pants overlap is 12:00). This position clearly doesn’t tuck the grip at all.
    Name:  C4F9C306-4F94-43EC-887D-2B204942068A.jpg
Views: 1554
Size:  42.9 KB

The second pic is the same holster pushed further right to about the 1:00-1:30 position. Much better grip tuck here and the sights sit flat against me.
    Name:  06B3DFF9-629D-4374-B16F-6C988889396C.jpg
Views: 1410
Size:  47.3 KB

This next pic is the claw 1.0 holster in the 12:00-12:30 position. The rear sights sit flat against me and the grip is tucked well.
    Name:  1A6DB602-11BF-4D9D-A379-84F9373FF57D.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  35.0 KB

Finally, the claw 1.0 at 1:00-1:30. Notice the grip tuck is still good, but the rear sights start to rotate away from me and will print through a shirt.
    Name:  B27FA888-261B-4AAE-B29A-80BCA016FC7B.jpg
Views: 1399
Size:  24.5 KB

User Tag List