Page 20 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Site Supporter
    I ordered what will be my 3rd AIWB from JM. The combination of the high ride belt loop and extra tuck should make this perfect. The extra tuck on my last one tucked the butt better than my Shaggy, but I like the ride height better on the Shaggy so I sold my last JM to another forum member. Really looking forward to this one!

Does anyone have a pic of a JM Custom Kydex AIWB for the M&P Shield?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

All I know is that when I traded away my M&P, I traded away my best holster (JM AIWB). The Raven I got with the new HK P30 pales in comparison. Order for the new JM AIWB is in, but 4-5 weeks can't pass fast enough!

I just received my JM AIWB holster today and, in short, I'm totally mind fucked. I didn't know it was possible to conceal a full sized pistol so well, and so comfortably. I ordered a JM based entirely off what I read here at pistol forum. A little bit about me; I'm 6ft tall and athletic so it sounded to me that based on my body type, AIWB and me were meant to be. I carry a P30 and ordered the holster with the kydex loops and extra tuck option.

Without going into too much detail, I'm a full time college student as well as a full time employee at a local gun shop. I carry a gun A LOT (at work, never at school obviously), as in about 15 hours a day, four days a week. The gun is on me from the time I leave the house till the time I return home, going everywhere in between; so on average it's on me about 15 hours a day. I do a lot of standing, bending over, running back and fourth etc. While I could open carry I choose not to for a couple reasons, for one I think it's retarded, and secondly when I'm not at work I have to carry concealed, so, I like to keep things simple. If given the chance to screw something up, I probably will, so by carrying a gun in the exact same spot, the exact same way day in and day out, thats one less thing I'll fudge when things get weird.

I've been carrying a gun now for two years and thus far I've been through two other holsters, a DeSantis speed scabbard (OWB) and a DeSantis Intruder (clone of a Comptac). The speed scabbard was floppy and rode to high to be drawn from concealment, it practically held the gun under my arm pit and was only comfortable if kidney carried. The intruder is what I've carried in the longest but it had some serious problems, one I couldn't really carry in a T shirt with it, it was also designed more for kidney carry and it was extremely uncomfortable, it also, for reasons I don't know, caused me to walk funny when wearing it, almost like I had a limp. So one thing these holsters all had in common was, they sucked. They didn't conceal well and they caused me to walk like a retard.

I'm thoroughly impressed with my JM holster and it's made me a huge proponent of AIWB carry. I'm now able to carry my P30 wearing a fitted T-Shirt, and it's not sketchy, the gun completely disappears. I haven't tried it on a shot timer yet but it certainly feels like my draws from concealment are a good bit faster than carrying at 9 or 8 oclock (lefty). It's far more comfortable as well doing everything I do; sitting, standing, bending over, talking to idiots about smith and wesson bodyguards... The holster is great and John has made a customer for life, the quality of the holster is second to none. Everything about the holster is just "right."

EDIT: With my JM holster I can once again walk like a normal human being.
    Last edited by Mr. Goodtimes; 04-13-2013 at 10:17 PM.

pic request for p250

does anyone have a photo of p250 in JW AIWB?

I ordered one of the JM holsters today.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I ordered one of the JM holsters today.
    This thread's been twisting my arm for a year now... I put an order in this weekend too.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by jmjames View Post
    This thread's been twisting my arm for a year now... I put an order in this weekend too.

J.Ja
    IDK why I put it off for so long. I'm a total AIWB convert now. Very effective way to carry a pistol. Now I just need to order a good belt.

Just placed my order, cant wait to get it for my USP Compact!!!

Just got my AIWB in from JM Customs- WOW!!! Talk about amazing customer service- He called me before starting my order and asked some questions- next thing you know I get an AMAZING holster in the mail- Looks like I'll be spending some more money with him in the near future!!

User Tag List