Page 26 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

My JMCK came yesterday. It's sized for a G17 but expect to carry my G19 most of the time. I am very impressed by the build quality and the design. The craftsmanship is at least equal to my Raven.

So far it's very comfortable, but since this is my first journey into the land of Junk Carry, it will take some getting used to. A few observations:

I'm very glad I got the longer G17 size because it helps stabilize the holster. How high rise the pants are makes a big difference, and will be a challenge in some cases. My Dickies sit fairly low and the fit of the JMCK is good but with 5.11s or Vertx which are higher rise, the gun seems too high in my belly and digs in the groin. I'm still figuring out what belt to use. My Ares Ranger belt isn't easy to make work, and I'm finding I don't need the stiffness anyway. The snap loops are great. I couldn't make the split loop work for me.

Some pictures follow. Apologies for the bright white tummy...

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Clusterfrack, thanks for the business. Glad it is working out for you.

Just ordered my 2nd for my G17

That's so ironic NickDrak. I just ordered my 2nd JM for a G17 too. First was was for a P30. Excellent craftsmanship and molding. I've come to find I like AWIB holsters that are very trim in the area around the dustcover and come with soft loops. It allows the holster to shift just a little reverse cant and makes it more comfortable for me when driving or sitting.

Keep up the execllent work JM.

Got a V3 P2KSK inbound so I'm getting ready to order a C5L to send in to Tony so he can mold a light-bearing one for me.

Once that's done I'll update the JM Custom Kydex Lightbearing AIWB thread here:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7636

~ Typos brought to you by my lazyness & in attention to detail.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    That's so ironic NickDrak. I just ordered my 2nd JM for a G17 too. First was was for a P30. Excellent craftsmanship and molding. I've come to find I like AWIB holsters that are very trim in the area around the dustcover and come with soft loops. It allows the holster to shift just a little reverse cant and makes it more comfortable for me when driving or sitting.

Keep up the execllent work JM.
    I've been running the solid kydex loop on my G19's JM AIWB but I think im gonna order a set of the soft loops to go with my G17 holster to try out.

Serpico1985, Corlissimo and NickDrak, thanks for the business, we really appreciate it.

After posting about your holsters on a local gun forum I recently got you another Louisiana customer and several others are considering them as well. Thanks for a great holster.

JBP55, thank you very much. We appreciate the business.

Site Supporter
    Here's a picture showing the difference between the High Ride and Low Ride belt loop options for anyone wondering.
    Attachment 1688

User Tag List