Thread: ***G19 INFORCE APLC HOLSTER HELP***

***G19 INFORCE APLC HOLSTER HELP***

Hey guys! I have a Gen 4 Glock 19 that I’ve been using with GCode’s SOC Holster that has an interchangeable cowling. I recently got a n inforce APLc for the gun, but GCode doesn’t offer a replacement cowling for the Inforce. I don’t want to buy a whole other holster, and heard that the Surefire X300U holster from SL will fit it. Does anybody know if the GCode X300U cowling will fit the Inforce APLc?

Quote Originally Posted by jpenny95 View Post
    Hey guys! I have a Gen 4 Glock 19 that I’ve been using with GCode’s SOC Holster that has an interchangeable cowling. I recently got a n inforce APLc for the gun, but GCode doesn’t offer a replacement cowling for the Inforce. I don’t want to buy a whole other holster, and heard that the Surefire X300U holster from SL will fit it. Does anybody know if the GCode X300U cowling will fit the Inforce APLc?
    Doubtful as the X300U is a lot bigger than the APLc.

Looking over the offerings, I don't see anything that might be a suitable substitute for the compact light like the APLc

You may not want to hear this, but my recommendation is to ditch the Inforce light and get something of better quality. They lack the throw of a good weapon light, they are more fragile, and unreliable. And the switches are often so sensitive the lights turn on in the holster. There is a reason Inforce showed off some aluminum lights at SHOT this year.

if you want a small footprint, I'd recommend the TLR-7. Just try one in person first - some folks don't like how long the reach is to the switches.

Welcome to the world of weapon lights and holsters.... as soon as you invest in one, something else comes along and requires new gear. If the holster is not for concealment the Safariland ALS options should work with the APLC and others (X300, TLR-1, etc.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    You may not want to hear this, but my recommendation is to ditch the Inforce light and get something of better quality. They lack the throw of a good weapon light, they are more fragile, and unreliable. And the switches are often so sensitive the lights turn on in the holster. There is a reason Inforce showed off some aluminum lights at SHOT this year.

if you want a small footprint, I'd recommend the TLR-7. Just try one in person first - some folks don't like how long the reach is to the switches.

Welcome to the world of weapon lights and holsters.... as soon as you invest in one, something else comes along and requires new gear. If the holster is not for concealment the Safariland ALS options should work with the APLC and others (X300, TLR-1, etc.)
    My advice would be very similar for the SOC holster. My sample size is one, with several cowlings, for my 1911 which was used as a duty holster with and without a light. I got one of the first ones I could find online after Chuck P reviewed it after SHOT many, many moons ago. It worked great, even in sand, until it didn't. I don't baby my gear, but the holster was difficult to clean, and eventually grit worked it's way deep enough into the mechanism to lock it up solid, needing tools to fix. Also, originally it was supposed to come with HSGI' super comfy leg rig. It bothered me little, since I mounted it on a belt loop anyway, but for the price I really wanted to try the HSGI setup. Now I have an old HSGI rig, and the G-Code version sucks in comparison.

It could be that I got an early production version, before the bugs got worked out. I seem to remember G-Code struggling to fill orders, and a lot of QC complaints. It was definitely before they got bought by Eagle. So it is likely that now it has been refined enough to fix my issues with it.

pat

User Tag List