Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caliber With Likelihood of Death From Gunshot Injury

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    ...ecology journal...
    No surprise there. Ecology is a field that accepts plausibility as a valid argument.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    I am dumber for having seen this study. I'm not even an expert in statistics to realize that the claims being made are deeply flawed.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    I dip my 22's in the venom of Phyllobates terribilis. I don't see anything in that study about this new and growing trend of using the low recoil of the smaller calibers combined with frog venom to enhance overall effectiveness.

Down side is you need to wear gloves when you load. And then dispose of the gloves in biohazard bags. Or burn them. Anyhow, its all a balance.
    I use iocane powder. Ive developed an immunity

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I use iocane powder. Ive developed an immunity
    Never go in against a Sicillian when death is on the line...

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    My first thought was if you want a caliber associated with likelihood of death, you need a firearm around 155mm, equipped with wheels and a lanyard.

Everything else is iffy.
    Funny anecdote related to that. Even big ordnance does not guarantee death.

Myself and my compadres have dropped 500lb laser guided bombs (GBU-12s) on shitheads driving cars in the sandbox. I’ve watched near misses (2 meters behind the car trunk) that almost destroyed the car, yet allowed the driver to crawl out alive a minute later. Dazed and damaged, but not dead. The reason was discovered to be a combination of the explosive frag envelope of an impact fused bomb, the shielding mass of the car body, and a dollop of luck.

Lesson learned for us, if you are going to err when hitting a mover, miss in front. The driver and passengers are less protected from the frag, blast, and flying glass. Or drop a better weapon. We have since developed better targeting pods, bombs and other weapons that are more effective at hitting movers dead center, and guaranteeing a kill.

As with pistols and rifles, shot placement IS everything.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Makes goat testing seem reasonable.....

User Tag List