Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blazer brass?

Blazer brass?

I picked up a bunch of empty Blaser brass cases at the range today. As I understand it, these are reloadable but are they up to the standards of regular brass? The old aluminum cased Blazers had their share of quality problems. If these cases are sub par I really don't want to mix them in with my other Remington, Winchester and Federal brass.

Some people badmouth Blazer Brass, but in my experience, it's fine for reloading. That said, if you've got them currently as a pile of single-headstamp brass, you might as well leave them that way - you can sometimes get better consistency by loading an entire batch of ammo with a single headstamp of brass.
    Last edited by olstyn; 03-31-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Some people badmouth Blazer Brass, but in my experience, it's fine for reloading. That said, if you've got them currently as a pile of single-headstamp brass, you might as well leave them that way - you can sometimes get better consistency by loading an entire batch of ammo with a single headstamp of brass.
    I'll second this and also add that I too haven't had any trouble loading them.

Site Supporter
    IME it's been fine.

All my 9 mm and 38 Special reloading is done in bulk with mixed brass. There's a good deal of Blazer brass in the pile and it works just as well as any other.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I've not noticed any issues with it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I use mixed range brass and I'm always happy to see Blazer. The primer pockets look crimped but not enough to cause problems priming. The same cannot be said for some Winchester and other odd brands.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I gather that the brass is fine for reloading.

OTOH, as a commercial round, Blazer Brass seems underpowered and dirty IME.

But then again, it's relatively cheap for practice, for those of us who don't reload.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I never can tell between "clean" and "dirty" ammo.

Hammertime
    I recently got a few cases of various weight Blazer Brass, my first ever with the brand, and I have found it a solid performer.

User Tag List