Thread: Into the sunset

Into the sunset

Last night I attended the retirement party for my Sheriff.

Sheriff Moody has been Sheriff for over 30 years, and worked for the Sheriff's Office for 54 years, starting as a dispatcher.

It has been an honor and a privilege to have worked for the man these past three years.

Chief Deputy Oscar Rivera, who is a retired Texas Ranger, will be taking over as Sheriff until the next election. He is also a fine gentleman and lawman.

While I could always ask for more money or better equipment, I couldn't ask for a better place to work. "Twasn't always so.

https://www.mysoutex.com/san_patrici...b02f10722.html
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Last night I attended the retirement party for my Sheriff.

Sheriff Moody has been Sheriff for over 30 years, and worked for the Sheriff's Office for 54 years, starting as a dispatcher.

It has been an honor and a privilege to have worked for the man these past three years.

Chief Deputy Oscar Rivera, who is a retired Texas Ranger, will be taking over as Sheriff until the next election. He is also a fine gentleman and lawman.

While I could always ask for more money or better equipment, I couldn't ask for a better place to work. "Twasn't always so.

https://www.mysoutex.com/san_patrici...b02f10722.html
    That's Real America.

Imagine a county commissioner in the Seattle area thanking the Sheriff for, among other things, being a leader in his church. Now imagine water flowing uphill.

He must be truly a great man. Hope he enjoys retirement.

User Tag List