Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Did California’s High Capacity Magazine Ban Just End?

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    From the stay document linked earlier.
    IANAL, but I read English pretty well. It appears clear to me that any of the prohibited actions cannot legally be done after 5:00 PDT.

"...importing into the state, offering for sale, giving, lending, buying, or receiving a firearm magazine" will all be prohibited again.

Go to original sources whenever possible.
    I did.
    IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED thatthe permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code §32310 (a) and (b)shall remain in effect for those persons and business entities who have manufactured, imported, sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds betweenthe entry of this Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019.Dated: April 4, 2019
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Nope. Not me. I hate gangsters, gangs, and organized crime so much that I don't want to be associated with them in any way. As well, I don't want fear to be the reason I retain my rights. Someday, I'll be old and feeble and not very dangerous or scary. I hope I'll still have my rights then.

Gun owners are being harassed and our rights restricted, and IMO, acting 'gangsta' isn't going to solve anything other than to give our opponents more ammunition to take our rights away.

Meanwhile the real gangsters keep killing each other and terrorizing their communities, and law enforcement is prevented from doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I understand... ..but maybe gangster is what good guys should liken themselves to.

No one is saying any about trying to disarm the cartel..... because they will cut your head off with a chainsaw on video.

Wouldn't it be nice to be left alone out of fear rather than constantly being harassed based off our proclamation of how good, nice and harmless we are?

I'm probably way off base here.

Its easy say all this outside of CA, sure. But I know a guy who just goes about his life like the normal person he is..... not worrying with whether or not anyone likes the kind of underwear hes got on... or whether that type of speedo is legal where he walks.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Well, the question is in the definition of “sold” and “bought”. If revenue recognition concepts come into play, something that is back-ordered doesn’t count as “sold”, and I think neither does something that hasn’t been shipped. Once in transit I’d get less worried.

I just noticed something interesting...

IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED that the permanent injunction
    enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) shall remain in
    effect for those persons and business entities who have manufactured, imported,
    sold, or bought magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds
    between the entry of
    this Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019.
    A different judge might have worded it like so:

IT IS HEREBY FURTHER ORDERED that the permanent injunction
    enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code § 32310 (a) and (b) shall remain in
    effect for the manufacture, importation, sale, or purchase of magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds
    between the entry of this Court’s injunction on March 29, 2019 and 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019.
    Anybody else see the loophole that the actual wording potentially creates?
    Last edited by archangel; 04-05-2019 at 03:06 PM.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Quote Originally Posted by archangel View Post

Extra-terrestrials aren't protected?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    Extra-terrestrials aren't protected?
    That's because they're neither "citizens" nor "persons" for purposes of the 14th Amendment. :P

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel View Post

Anyone with enough political or legal power can translate written words however they want, but I think you are reading too much into it. I think the good judge was just trying to keep the CA DOJ from punishing either the individuals or the businesses.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 04-05-2019 at 04:47 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Nope. Not me. I hate gangsters, gangs, and organized crime so much that I don't want to be associated with them in any way. As well, I don't want fear to be the reason I retain my rights. Someday, I'll be old and feeble and not very dangerous or scary. I hope I'll still have my rights then.

Gun owners are being harassed and our rights restricted, and IMO, acting 'gangsta' isn't going to solve anything other than to give our opponents more ammunition to take our rights away.

Meanwhile the real gangsters keep killing each other and terrorizing their communities, and law enforcement is prevented from doing their job.
    Actually I agree with you.

I hate criminal dirt bags who won’t just leave nice people alone....

But at the same time I’d do a lot of dirt-baggy criminal things in order to be left alone.

There’s a dichotomy there.

Site Supporter
    How long until this gets to the SCOTUS and goes up or down? 3 years, 5 years - any guesses.

I always wondered why these decisions take so long when the judges and justices already know how they will vote.

User Tag List