Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIWB carry for a Glock 45, concealable?

AIWB carry for a Glock 45, concealable?

So, with a claw and/or foam and a decent holster (JM, Keeper, etc.) how truly concealable is a Glock 45 AIWB in a loose t-shirt and jeans?

Depending on your body type, this method of carry is very doable with the clothing and holsters that you described.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Good buddy of mine carries a G34 AIWB pretty much always; so ya, if it works for you then it works.

Site Supporter
    Once I started dropping a lot of weight (6'1 and down to 220), I shifted to AIWB carry. My holster is a G17 length JMCK 2.5 holster and I was able to put my G17 in there without any issue or changes to my attire of jeans/shorts/slacks and untucked polos for most casual events and outings. A G45 would have similar results.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

A G45 is no different than a G17/G34 that lots of folks pull off quite well. I'd certainly grab at minimum a 17 length holster.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Yes, Virginia, you too can AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Depending on your body type, this method of carry is very doable with the clothing and holsters that you described.

- There is a AIWB solution for you readily available out there if you're willing to look around
    - People everywhere with much more obtuse body types are successfully, comfortably using AIWB right now

Holster technology has gone through several decades worth of innovation in just the last five years.

A G30S .45 was my first AIWB carried pistol using a Vedder LightTuck. I eventually gravitated away from Glock but The 30S was the ideal CCW with the right clothing and the right holster. Keep experimenting until you get it right.

Laughs in 1911/jmcustom
    Name:  KIMG1050.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  78.4 KB

Glock 30sf in jm custom kydex

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If you can AIWB a G17, you can AIWB a G45.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post

I found this ^ to be true
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List