Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Missouri Set To Nullify All Federal Gun Laws

Yeah good luck with that.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    I love it when the Constitution gives the people the right to bear arms and the government makes laws to take that right away.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

It'll be interesting to see what the Feds do..I mean, how many states have made pot legal, yet, federal says that it is'nt..and they do'nt enforce it...I'll be interested to see how this pans out...

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    I love it when the Constitution gives the people the right to bear arms and the government makes laws to take that right away.
    While I sympathize with your sentiment, the U.S. Constitution does not give anyone any rights. It is a covenant between citizens and the government that they formed by consent, stating the pre-existing rights of citizens, and the restrictions that the creators of the government put in place upon said government. The U.S. Constitution only places restrictions upon government.

The U.S. Constitution does not "grant" any rights; it simply articulates the rights that adhere to the person, regardless of the existence of the covenant. The covenant, by articulating those rights, is promising to not infringe upon what you already possess.
    Last edited by Gray01; 03-28-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what the Feds do..I mean, how many states have made pot legal, yet, federal says that it is'nt..and they do'nt enforce it...I'll be interested to see how this pans out...
    Enforcement becomes a “politically discretionary” policy.

D in the White House? Break out the weed and lock up the arm brace AK.
    R ? Hit the range , leave the joint.

Alternate every 4-8 years.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Missouri can't nullify squat. Nullify is a current usage by gun folks on the Internet when a state or a sheriff says that they won't enforce a law, etc. That is not nullification.

States can't undo federal laws. I wish gun folks would understand this and stop using a stupid phrase.

About pot, if Jeff did cover Trump's ass, the Feds would be all over the pot industry.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 03-28-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Unless I'm misunderstanding this, all this really does is prevent any state resources from being used to the furtherance of any federal gun control laws.....something that is basically optional for the state to begin with.

Example: A local cop deputized by the US Marshals on the Fugitive Task Force isn't allowed by his state to conduct an arrest of a felon for possession of a weapon.

Which, in the end, won't matter because he's acting under federal powers and the US Marshals will back that deputized cop if someone tries to fuck with him and hold up a piece of paper called the US Constitution, say, "Article 6", and drop the mic while walking away.

Kinda' funny how that works.

But, yeah, huzzah, one for freedom......your cops aren't allowed to arrest gangbangers for firearms possession. Great work, team!
    Last edited by TGS; 03-28-2019 at 06:25 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Unless I'm misunderstanding this, all this really does is prevent any state resources from being used to the furtherance of any federal gun control laws.....something that is basically optional for the state to begin with.

Example: A local cop deputized by the US Marshals on the Fugitive Task Force isn't allowed by his state to conduct an arrest of a felon for possession of a weapon.

Which, in the end, won't matter because he's acting under federal powers and the US Marshals will back that deputized cop if someone tries to fuck with him and hold up a piece of paper called the US Constitution, say, "Article 6", and drop the mic while walking away.

Kinda' funny how that works.

But, yeah, huzzah, one for freedom......your cops aren't allowed to arrest gangbangers for firearms possession. Great work, team!
    According to what I've read, they're talking about arresting Federal officers in some cases of something or other. That would be an interesting scenario.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    According to what I've read, they're talking about arresting Federal officers in some cases of something or other. That would be an interesting scenario.
    The linked article didn't say anything of the sort. Can you share what you're reading?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List