Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 124 +P Gold Dot, G43 and NYPD...

Site Supporter
    Glock made in-line changes to both the G42 and G43 after issues identified in the original guns.

The G43 passed testing by and is approved by DHS ICE for BUG / off duty use. It was tested with ICE’s duty load, 124 grain plus P gold dot. It has also passed testing with at least one other large federal LE Agency though they have not approved it yet as they are concerned about Agents going to work carrying only a G43 instead of using it as a BUG or off duty gun. IME that concern is not unfounded.

While NYPD may well have had issues with early G43s, the bigger issue remains Glock doesn’t offer a NY plus trigger spring for the 43 and an organization that makes G17 users use 15 round magazines for uniformity is unlikely to approved two different trigger pulls for various Glock models.

One of the requirements for NYPD recently approving the SA XD-S 9mm was SA developing a heavier trigger pull for the NYPD Guns.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-05-2019 at 09:55 AM.

NY1 TRIGGER SPRING FOR G42/43/43X/48

Glock part #39324, has just been put onto Glock's 3/21/2019 parts list as a NY1 trigger spring for the G42/43/43X/48.

It'll now be up to NYPD or any other agencies requiring a heavier trigger pull than Glock's usual 5.5 pounds to test and, potentially, approve any subject Glock with this spring.
    Last edited by L-2; 04-05-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It was tested with ICE’s duty load, 124 grain plus P gold dot. It has also passed testing with at least one other large federal LE Agency though they have not approved it yet as they are concerned about Agents going to work carrying only a G43 instead of using it as a BUG or off duty gun. IME that concern is not unfounded.
    LSP bought a bunch of G43s for Detectives/Narcs/Intell folks for Undercover use. It didn’t replace their issue 17 or 19. Guess what......guys started showing up wearing a 43 when they should have been carrying a bigger gun, because light and lazy. They had to clarify the policy that it’s not for general plainclothes use.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Anyone remember the mysterious "Phase Five" malfunctions that plagued NYPD in the late 90s when they went to Glocks?

I remember that Glock set up a trailer workshop at the NYPD range to diagnose it.

What ever came of that?
    Iirc, it was a Phase 3 malf - but this is ammo, not armorer stuff. It was peculiar to the Gen 3 19s and, as HCM mentioned, the repair trailer Glock set-up at the range eventually fixed the problem. I'm not a Glock hater but I find it odd that as many have amnesia about Glock issues as do about other platforms.

And LSPs commentary on what happens when teeny, tiny pistols are issues is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Iirc, it was a Phase 3 malf - but this is ammo, not armorer stuff. It was peculiar to the Gen 3 19s and, as HCM mentioned, the repair trailer Glock set-up at the range eventually fixed the problem. I'm not a Glock hater but I find it odd that as many have amnesia about Glock issues as do about other platforms.

And LSPs commentary on what happens when teeny, tiny pistols are issues is spot on.
    In 2002 I went to my first Glock Armorer Course, the following info I am posting for general info: One of the discussion points was the differences in G19 barrels - all G19.3 barrels are the "1" type with a modified hood and corresponding slide - as a result of NYPD Phase 3 issues and other product improvements. Of note, late production (early 1997 and on) G19.2s will have the "1" barrel as well. This info was put out in regards to the late G19.2s and that one should not assume that "all 19.2s are pre-1 barrels".

Site Supporter
    We have three G2 G19s around the house. They all work. What am I missing??

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    We have three G2 G19s around the house. They all work. What am I missing??

Dave
    Not a damn thing. 😎
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Not a damn thing. 😎
    As long as he keeps using the sights...

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    As long as he keeps using the sights...
    I believe that using sights with either pistol would be the best practice.

Or was your post meant as humor?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    I believe that using sights with either pistol would be the best practice.

Or was your post meant as humor?
    Quite.

“What am I missing?”

“Not a damn thing!”

“As long as you use the sights...”

User Tag List