Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 124 +P Gold Dot, G43 and NYPD...

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Quite.

“What am I missing?”

“Not a damn thing!”

“As long as you use the sights...”

Ba dump bump...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Glock part #39324, has just been put onto Glock's 3/21/2019 parts list as a NY1 trigger spring for the G42/43/43X/48.

It'll now be up to NYPD or any other agencies requiring a heavier trigger pull than Glock's usual 5.5 pounds to test and, potentially, approve any subject Glock with this spring.

That part number comes up as an Orange colored spring, which I thought was the NY2.

Maybe I am confused, but can the NY1 or NY2 triggers cause malfunctions?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    That part number comes up as an Orange colored spring, which I thought was the NY2.

Maybe I am confused, but can the NY1 or NY2 triggers cause malfunctions?
    Original NY springs were white and black. Current ones are Olive (NY-1) and orange (NY-2).

NY-1 was developed for the NY State Troopers who weee early adopters of the G17. NYPDs use of Glocks came later.

As I recall there was a warning about not using the NY2 with a plus connector

Glock previously did not offer a NY spring for the 43 sized guns.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-08-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As I recall there was a warning about not using the NY2 with a plus connector.
    When I went to Glock Armorer's school many years ago, the boys from Georgia were adamant about never using an Orange (NY-2) spring with a plus connector. They said it would produce regular failures to fire, and in the worst case render the gun completely inoperable.

Dave

User Tag List