Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 325 PD (Heavy)

Site Supporter

325 PD (Heavy)

I recently acquired a used but clean 325 PD with a 4" barrel. I've been looking for one of these for about 2 years so I was delighted to win the auction for this one. My only complaint about the gun is the Ti cylinder. I've owned a couple guns with Ti cylinders and the experience was not joyful. Fortunately I had a stainless 45 ACP cylinder setting on my desk. Been using it as a pen/pencil holder for about as long as I've been looking for the 4" PD.

I immediately set about swapping the cylinders and thanks to a suggestion by my friend and gunsmith Kent Singletary (kscustom.com) I swapped the ejector ratchets too. That meant I didn't have to have the stainless cylinder timed as the ratchet from the Ti one made everything work fine. First range trip resulted in everything working with only a sight adjustment needed to hit what I was shooting at.

Name:  DSC00193.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  68.2 KB

Now all that's left is getting "The PLUG" and a square notch rear sight blade. The V-notch from the factory just doesn't work for me. Oh, and I need to find a holster to conceal this thing. Because of the barrel length IWB is no doubt the way to go so any recommendations for an IWB revolver holster for an N-frame S&W would be appreciated,=.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I recently acquired a used but clean 325 PD with a 4" barrel. I've been looking for one of these for about 2 years so I was delighted to win the auction for this one. My only complaint about the gun is the Ti cylinder. I've owned a couple guns with Ti cylinders and the experience was not joyful. Fortunately I had a stainless 45 ACP cylinder setting on my desk. Been using it as a pen/pencil holder for about as long as I've been looking for the 4" PD.

I immediately set about swapping the cylinders and thanks to a suggestion by my friend and gunsmith Kent Singletary (kscustom.com) I swapped the ejector ratchets too. That meant I didn't have to have the stainless cylinder timed as the ratchet from the Ti one made everything work fine. First range trip resulted in everything working with only a sight adjustment needed to hit what I was shooting at.

Name:  DSC00193.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  68.2 KB

Now all that's left is getting "The PLUG" and a square notch rear sight blade. The V-notch from the factory just doesn't work for me. Oh, and I need to find a holster to conceal this thing. Because of the barrel length IWB is no doubt the way to go so any recommendations for an IWB revolver holster for an N-frame S&W would be appreciated,=.

Dave
    The Thomas Perfectionist from Kramer Leather OR the JMCK IWB #3 with 25 degree cant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking gun!

I'm not sure I could carry that cylinder iwb behind the hip but if I was going to try it would be in a Ryan Grizzle horsehide Town & Country 2.
    Name:  KIMG1198.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  63.7 KB

In order to have an N-frame 4" AIWB that I might seldom use I went with a FIST #1 Clip. It's remarkably comfortable and they're pretty inexpensive. About $40 in kydex.

I don't find a 4" a problem to carry appendix including my Model 29. I don't find big wheelies to carry IWB at 3:30 very comfortable at all however.
    Last edited by JHC; 03-28-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have a Comp-Tac CTAC for a 4" N frame that I'll let go for a reasonable price. I carried a both a 629 Mountain Gun and a 3" 29 Lew Horton in it at 4 o'clock just fine.

Maybe get ahold of JRC, he made two of these holsters that I know of.
    I'm extremely happy with mine.

Name:  IMG_0449.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  41.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0448.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  37.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Maybe get ahold of JRC, he made two of these holsters that I know of.
    I'm extremely happy with mine.

Name:  IMG_0449.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  41.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0448.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  37.0 KB
    Man, I still love that holster!

Site Supporter
    wvincent,

That's a very interesting looking holster. Pardon my ignorance but who is "JRC"?

Dave

Site Supporter
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

wvincent,

That's a very interesting looking holster. Pardon my ignorance but who is "JRC"?

Dave

Dave
    Could you please elaborate? I've got a 329PD.

Also, where do you get spare junk cylinders? That would make an awesome tungsten holder at work.
    Last edited by Jay585; 03-28-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

User Tag List