Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball caps

Baseball caps

Problem: Baseball caps (in general) are lame. One size fits most = one size fits sure as hell not me.

Rothcos and 10 other similar brands sit so low they push into my ears. Other hats have brims that flatten out over time and constantly need to be re-bent (which then makes the fabric of the dome scrunch and warp and look goofy). Then there's the dinky buttons on the top that need pliers to correct if there's no velcro tab. There are also ones with no support for the front (floppy hats), or ones with solid fabric that looks like a wall on the forehead (70s trucker hats).

BCM's old hats fit like miracles and had plastic in the brim to hold their proper shape, but like any company that makes something that fits me well they made a run of their nice products and then they disappeared from the world in a year and went out of stock. All they sell now is a few mesh trucker hats.

I want one with a velcro flag spot on the front but I'm hesitant to buy a few for 20 bucks a pop when they're just going to get tossed into my fits-like-crap stack of hats in the closet.

Request: Wow me with baseball caps that don't suck. Also post pics of hats that have stuck around with you that you love because why not.

I miss buying 12 of you babe.

Name:  BCM-Retro-Mech-TAN-2.jpg
Views: 1629
Size:  41.6 KB
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Hats I wear when it's hot:

Hats I wear when it's cool/cold

I love baseball caps and, being from the South, I'm reasonably sure it's part of the dress code here. As you said, sadly, there are a lot of really shittily made caps out there.

Check out Rogue American ( https://rogueamerican.com/hats/). I've got one and they're pretty damn incredible. The one I picked up is rip-stop and multicam. Straight out of the mail-bag it's shipped in, mine was perfect. No need to form the brim/bill. Nothing. Try it on, size the velcro strap and you're in business.

They're out of stock on some stuff at the moment, because they just did a sale. Keep checking back - things get replenished pretty quickly. I like mine enough I'm eyeing up a second from them.

Cheers!

Fish hook or no fish hook with your baseball cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    I love baseball caps and, being from the South, I'm reasonably sure it's part of the dress code here. As you said, sadly, there are a lot of really shittily made caps out there.

Check out Rogue American ( https://rogueamerican.com/hats/). I've got one and they're pretty damn incredible. The one I picked up is rip-stop and multicam. Straight out of the mail-bag it's shipped in, mine was perfect. No need to form the brim/bill. Nothing. Try it on, size the velcro strap and you're in business.

They're out of stock on some stuff at the moment, because they just did a sale. Keep checking back - things get replenished pretty quickly. I like mine enough I'm eyeing up a second from them.

Cheers!
    Those look about right. I may just buy one and attach my own velcro in place of the flag. Nice find!
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Banned
    I am lucky enough to have an average sized head so I don't usually have a problem with the one size fits most hats. Over the years I've found that Cabela's hats work real well for me and I think I have three or four of them.

Other than that I honestly get most of my hats at Goodwill. They are usually mildly broken in when I get them. If they don't work out so what? I paid 5 bucks for it and best of all they're pretty random and nondescript there's nothing on them that says gun.

I don't rotate guns I do rotate hats. The two on the left are the ones my wife likes the least so I wear them the least. The three in the middle are the ones that I wear the most and the two on the right are designated range hats.

Last edited by Cypher; 03-27-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Fish hook or no fish hook with your baseball cap?
    Name:  eonline-647_082916124543.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  31.2 KB

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have one Glock logo hat; the rest are all NE Patriots gear.

Living in Denver, this makes me a lot of friends.

edit: The '47 sports ballcaps with the metal buckle are easy to adjust to fi.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 03-27-2019 at 11:43 AM.

I've worn one of these the past 5-6 years and have been pleased with it. Different colors, camos, velcro/non-velcro, fitted/non-fitted etc all available.

https://www.notchgear.com

Attachment 36604
    Last edited by t1tan; 03-27-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Sorry, I can't be much help in the quality ball cap department. I usually wear an old Eddie Bauer ball cap at the range. If you want a grown up's hat, though, Stetson or Bailey of Hollywood is where I'd start.

My favorite hat is my gray straw Stetson Stratoliner. It was my warm weather hat as a detective and has two documented saves (bird shit it kept off my head/suit). The only ball cap I take any pride of ownership in is a NASA ball cap signed by astronaut Barbara Morgan.

Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List