Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The joys of being an old head.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    The 070 was great, but I loved the 295. I was very fast with the 295 and it was the easier to re-holster.
    Another fan of the 295 here. Both the Glock and the Beretta versions.

We had similar issues with 6280s dumping guns in the brush.

We never issued the raptors but we had some locally purchased because the local PD used them. I was not a fan.

Now you guys have me worried. I just bought a 6280 for Beretta +X300u because it’s the only thing Safariland makes for that setup. How are guns being dumped? Hood prematurely disengaged?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Now you guys have me worried. I just bought a 6280 for Beretta +X300u because it’s the only thing Safariland makes for that setup. How are guns being dumped? Hood prematurely disengaged?
    Most of what I heard was it occurred during fights and foot pursuits. I was issued one for a XDM .40 about 10 years ago. Absolutely terrible holster for patrol as often I would find my hood gaurd down from contact with various objects . The good thing is the XDM .40 was so bad that no one would have wanted to pick it up.

However, with a hood guard, for day to day use , normal hiking and general shooting , I would not be worried about using one.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 03-27-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Bianchi breakfront holster

Dug out some old leather last night. Came across a Bianchi Model 2800 "The Judge" breakfront holster. I got it for my S&W model 19/66 K-frame 4" barrel. It is black with plain finish (not basket weave). Also found my speedloader case with 2 Safariland speedloaders inside. This stuff is from the '80's. Thanks for the memories!

Site Supporter
    I had the pleasure of witnessing Sgt. Ward Smith (KCPD) earn FAST Coin # 13 shooting out of a 295.

AE Nelson with the old GUNFIGHTER (aka old shoulder) cant. I’m an old head too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I’ve had the hood rotate open on my 6360, which I attribute to my external carrier hitting it. So when I switch to the 6280 for my 92A1/TLR1 HL combo, I’m going to add the Safariland 6000 hood guard, which should take care of that. If not there’s always the sentry you can add.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One of the guys at work carried his 329PD in a basket weave thumb break holster. I’ve gotta day, it looks damn good. He’s also one of the few people who would choose a gun like that as his primary that practices and is extremely competent with it.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 03-27-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I had the pleasure of witnessing Sgt. Ward Smith (KCPD) earn FAST Coin # 13 shooting out of a 295.
    I never carried in a 295, but there's one around here somewhere. I might dig it out and play with it.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post

I spent way too much time on ebay hunting for old duty gear. I'll have to post up some pics of my wheelgun rigs.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List