Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about the Sig SAO 226 Legion

One of my friends at work carry’s/carried one. He had what appeared to be a clip that the thumb safety on break. He’s contacted Sig and getting the run around. The gun is really nice, comfortable in the hand and the trigger is nice. I’d buy it for $850. I’ve seen them selling for $2k in Cal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhitman View Post
    One of my friends at work carry’s/carried one. He had what appeared to be a clip that the thumb safety on break. He’s contacted Sig and getting the run around. The gun is really nice, comfortable in the hand and the trigger is nice. I’d buy it for $850. I’ve seen them selling for $2k in Cal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That looks like a serious failure point.

Vending Machine Operator
    I was able to wring out the SAO 226 Legion at my local range a few months back because one of the range guys had one and wanted to take a few runs with my Beretta 92A1.

My takeaways:

Weird PVD finish, did not care for it for the price tag, sorta soft?

Great trigger

Exemplary accuracy

No reliability issues

Pretty good sights, though I prefer Ameriglo CAP

Honestly, I am not into Sig these days, but it's not a bad gun at all. I walked away favorably impressed other than the weird soft finish.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 03-27-2019 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Autocorrect issues
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Black finish...could it be a P226 Elite SAO? Recently discontinued from the line as I understand it. Beavertail, night sights, forward serrations, undercut trigger guard.

I’ll echo what’s been said regarding holsters in that full kydex sweat guards didn’t fit, but it’s nothing a few minutes with a file or Dremel can’t fix. Typical Sig over about 2000 rounds- no issues to report.

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    Black finish...could it be a P226 Elite SAO? Recently discontinued from the line as I understand it. Beavertail, night sights, forward serrations, undercut trigger guard.

I’ll echo what’s been said regarding holsters in that full kydex sweat guards didn’t fit, but it’s nothing a few minutes with a file or Dremel can’t fix. Typical Sig over about 2000 rounds- no issues to report.
    That is a good possibility. With the exception of a patch of checkering or two around the trigger guard and a solid guide rod the Legion and Elite SAO frames are identical. Not the case with the TDA Elite frames IIRC. I understand the later Elite pistols even came with G10 grips. Don’t think they came with the X-Ray 3 sights though.

This has the Legion logo engraved on the top of the slide forward of the rear sight.

It's definitely not the gray PVD finish.

I thought I read that Sig switched finishes because of complaints about the softness of the PVD finish?

Any comments about that "C" spring clip in the post above?
    Last edited by feudist; 03-28-2019 at 04:16 PM.

I’ve owned mine for over a year, and it’s boringly accurate at 25 yards. I shoot several nice 1911 pistols, and while the Legion’s Trigger is very good, it’s not 1911 good. The Legion’s flat face trigger edges become a little irritating after 50 rounds. I’d buy it again.

Got to shoot one today.

Impressive, most impressive.

Also fondled a new Elite SAO for 799.00.

It had a very good trigger, but the Legion's was excellent.

Hmm.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Got to shoot one today.

Impressive, most impressive.

Also fondled a new Elite SAO for 799.00.

It had a very good trigger, but the Legion's was excellent.

Hmm.
    These vary abit from gun to gun. Buy the one with the best trigger.

Ps- since I know you are getting into RDS - they make a p226 SAO RX. While the Romeo pistol optic is still a work in progress L&M Precision can recut the RX slide cut for RMR for $45.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    These vary abit from gun to gun. Buy the one with the best trigger.

Ps- since I know you are getting into RDS - they make a p226 SAO RX. While the Romeo pistol optic is still a work in progress L&M Precision can recut the RX slide cut for RMR for $45.
    Stop helping.

User Tag List