Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 RDS on pistols thread

I have a g19.5 rds and when I had my g19x I switched the top end. The g19x dominated in all shooting aspects for me. So if you can get away with the g45. I am a huge fan of that combination.

The g19 will be more concealable obviously, but I was impressed to say the least on what the X did with a dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a RM06 Type 1 that I just put on my slide, replacing the RM01. I was surprised how loose the screws are. Using the Trijicon sealing plate, Trijicon MOS screws (which come with a dab of blue loctite).

Should I add more loctite (if yes, what type), or did I not tighten them enough when I installed the RM01?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I ordered a RM06 Type 1 that I just put on my slide, replacing the RM01. I was surprised how loose the screws are. Using the Trijicon sealing plate, Trijicon MOS screws (which come with a dab of blue loctite).

Should I add more loctite (if yes, what type), or did I not tighten them enough when I installed the RM01?
    Are you using a torque wrench and installing them at said torque rating? I would clean the hell out of the threads on the slide and clean the bolts then apply fresh coat of loctite. Torque to recommend settings. Also give the loctite like 24hrs to set before use. Recheck torque after a few uses.

@Trukinjp13,

I cannot remember seeing anything about torque specs. I'll have to check the manual again. The only torque wrench I have is the 62 in/lb for the SCAR. I doubt the rmr needs to be torqued that much. Could you recommend a good wrench?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    @Trukinjp13,

I cannot remember seeing anything about torque specs. I'll have to check the manual again. The only torque wrench I have is the 62 in/lb for the SCAR. I doubt the rmr needs to be torqued that much. Could you recommend a good wrench?
    Okay. Use vibra-tite Vc-3 on the screws. I called it loctite, but it’s actually that stuff. I think torque was around 14-15 in/lbs. let the product dry on the screws before installing also. This should help.

Wheeler Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench with Inch/Pounds Measurement, Bits and Storage Case for Scope Mounting, Gunsmithing and Maintenance https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012AXR4S..._-65PCb4VA85EX

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Pardon if it's already common knowledge - who's going to be (or already is) the go-to solution for direct milling for the ACRO once it's available?
    Bueller?

Bueller?
    ATEI should be ready and who I’d use.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    ATEI should be ready and who I’d use.
    This or jagerwerks. Both are superb.

Overwatch Precision just announced their BUIS for RMR'd Glocks on IG

http://instagram.com/p/BwAKG0kgYH7/

HAVE BLUE MOS Sight Set

I saw this:
    Combat Hold sight picture
    And was wondering exactly what that is. I've heard of 6 o clock hold, POI hold, but combat hold? New to me.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Bueller?
    Aimpoint trusted ATEi with all their direct mounted ACRO guns at Shot Show, plus Doug said he can get it low enough to use standard sights.
    I choose them if I'm going direct.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List