Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 RDS on pistols thread

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    My next pistol will be a Glock MOS of some flavor. Just not sure which yet.
    you'll love the dot. Come to the dark side my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    you'll love the dot. Come to the dark side my friend.
    With my eyes, I’m past due....

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I have sheared an MOS plate screw, while DPP mounting screws were intact.
    I did this, this weekend. Currently having them look into it.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Site Supporter
    So far I only have direct milled guns. I have three glocks with RMRs and a Sig m17 with a DPP. Not a huge fan of the sig so far, and the DPP battery life sucks. I am also required to have back up irons and the setup on the Sig with a DPP requires me to have a huge front sight and that weird screw in DPP rear sight. The DPP does have an awesomely large window. I also seem to have less issues with the dot at any power with the DPP.

One thing that really held me back at first is I co witnessed the dot and never really did much fine tuning. After hearing some recent thoughts from Aaron Cowan I decided to fine tune the zero on my red dots independent of the irons. I have also started using a target focus as you should instead of focusing on the dot specifically like I would focus on the front sight. This has helped my accuracy immensely. While the co-witness is a great place to start, dots really should be independently sighted in. a 10 yard zero works well for me and keeps me perfect at 25 and 50 yards.

Next step is to try one of the new Staccato P host guns. Since the 1911 (or 2011 as this would be) is so easy to shoot I am very curious to play with an RMR 2011.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Craw View Post
    Just thinking out loud here...

My thinking is that because of the way the ACRO mounts to a slide, via cross bolt, rather than two smaller, vertical screws like an RMR, a Glock MOS variant will actually make a rugged host. All of the failures of MOS guns that I have seen have been due to the screws holding the RMR in place flying off. I've never heard of a MOS breakage where the actual mounting plate, which is held in place by two substantial screws, flew off of the gun.

Does anyone with time on an ACRO/MOS gun have any input here?
    You are very insightful, Craw. That mount interface is extremely strong since what they've essentially done is to make a miniature Picatinny rail set up. I've seen thousands of rounds go downrange under ACROs now and there's no sign of trouble.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

The only thing that concerns me about the Acro is the size for a ccw. The back portion of the ACRO body being square and tall. ItÂ’s hard enough to break up the back of the slide on a Glock. I foresee the ACRO and AIWB not working well. I hope I am wrong.

I understand the aiwb concerns of the Acro. But a proper jmck iwb holster should be gtg.

I installed blacked out sights when I setup my rmr gun. And did not zero the dot directly on the front sight. The blacked out sights and lower thirdish cowitness helped with learning the dot for me. The first couple guns I tried had three dot night sights and the dot was stacked. They kept taking my attention away from the dot. Maybe even no backup sights for a training gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    The only thing that concerns me about the Acro is the size for a ccw. The back portion of the ACRO body being square and tall. ItÂ’s hard enough to break up the back of the slide on a Glock. I foresee the ACRO and AIWB not working well. I hope I am wrong.
    When I tried AIWB with my G19x/RMR, I found that rotating the grip into the body enough to eliminate printing caused the optic to print badly in anything but a hoodie. I guess it stands to reason, grip in=optic out. I will be curious to see how this pans out with the ACRO. There is, however, a chance that I may lose interest before the ACRO's are released into the wild... Lol.

I pretty much carry strong side OWB all of the time now, so I would think I would be able to hide an ACRO there.

Wing + PAD= zero prointing of RMR for whatever its worth. 179 pounds and large shirts with a weightlifters chest.

Pardon if it's already common knowledge - who's going to be (or already is) the go-to solution for direct milling for the ACRO once it's available?

User Tag List