Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 RDS on pistols thread

Quote Originally Posted by Craw View Post
    Just thinking out loud here...

My thinking is that because of the way the ACRO mounts to a slide, via cross bolt, rather than two smaller, vertical screws like an RMR, a Glock MOS variant will actually make a rugged host. All of the failures of MOS guns that I have seen have been due to the screws holding the RMR in place flying off. I've never heard of a MOS breakage where the actual mounting plate, which is held in place by two substantial screws, flew off of the gun.

Does anyone with time on an ACRO/MOS gun have any input here?
    Did this happen using the screws provided with the RMR (or is it the MOS?) that are short, or the proper screws for using an RMR? I had bought the MOS and RMR then mounted the RDS to slide and thought the included screws were g2g until one fell out during practice. It was then I learned there's a longer screw that needs to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Depends on what red dot you want to add. I've seen (pictures, never put hands on) many folks putting the RMSc on the slim Glocks. I don't think there's enough slide there to mount an RMR via direct mill.
    RMR would be preferred but would consider something else that works. As far as the RMS... I like it, but apparently they aren't very rugged.

"Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I would like to see how the Romeo 2 and the Romeo Pro 1 will perform.

Also interested in the RMS-w.

Has anyone here actually broken a Shield RMS, outside of scratching up the window?

I am a little concerned about the ACRO. Strange to see the C1 offered after the "release" of the P1, and yet no one has one of either. Seems like it's going to be a Unicorn for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I am looking forward to putting more rounds through mine when it returns from its mission....

I would like to setup another mrds pistol and think that the AOS or Atom will be a good way to go. I may build off a gen 4 and try out the aftermarket frame situation. Ideally to have something that is a rock solid mount that the optics can be switched if need be. The Op gave me the idea and I think it is a good one. My g19.5/rmr2 will stay primary ccw carry. But this will let me test the waters with a Acro/?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cant thank you enough for letting me try it.

Totally happy with my setup.

Honestly wouldn’t change a thing. Carry it either appendix (JMCK) or strong side outside the waistband in a raven Perun holster.

3k rounds self defense ammo and not one issue.

Name:  4B6ACC1A-E306-4222-B430-2E755BB5A91D.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  72.7 KB

I forgot, I wanted to get P-F's opinion on this:

http://www.chpws.com/product/trijico...apter-plate-v3

Found out about it through an instagramer's page:

http://instagram.com/p/Bu9mRlUnZec/

Just installed the V3 #rmr plate from @chpws on the Glock 17 Gen 5. First impressions: Dropping the plate on, the fit is tight and almost seamless. Had to use a rubber mallet to lightly tap the optic onto the plate, as if everything were custom fitted. My RMR was rock solid before installing the screws! Seriously dig the extended posts, allowing significantly more thread engagement than the OEM plate. Very few things impress me without testing first, but they knocked this one out of the ballpark! Can’t wait for the loctite to setup and get on the range! Thanks to @jimmy_f3tactical for making me aware of this great company and product!
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    Totally happy with my setup.

Honestly wouldn’t change a thing. Carry it either appendix (JMCK) or strong side outside the waistband in a raven Perun holster.

3k rounds self defense ammo and not one issue.

Name:  4B6ACC1A-E306-4222-B430-2E755BB5A91D.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  72.7 KB
    I can attest to this. I had my upper on my g19x for a little bit, and that was the best shooting gun I have used. With the dot and the controllability of the 19x it was another level. Flat and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Cant thank you enough for letting me try it.
    No problem, glad to help out a fellow PFer and turn someone to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Craw View Post
    Just thinking out loud here...

My thinking is that because of the way the ACRO mounts to a slide, via cross bolt, rather than two smaller, vertical screws like an RMR, a Glock MOS variant will actually make a rugged host. All of the failures of MOS guns that I have seen have been due to the screws holding the RMR in place flying off. I've never heard of a MOS breakage where the actual mounting plate, which is held in place by two substantial screws, flew off of the gun.

Does anyone with time on an ACRO/MOS gun have any input here?

I have sheared an MOS plate screw, while DPP mounting screws were intact.

My next pistol will be a Glock MOS of some flavor. Just not sure which yet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    My next pistol will be a Glock MOS of some flavor. Just not sure which yet.
    If the 19x comes out in MOS configuration, that will decide this question for me. Otherwise, it will be a 17 or 34, or I will copy the guy above and have a 19x milled.

User Tag List