Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: 2019 RDS on pistols thread

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Talking of astigmatism, I have one and feel that the RM07 creates less of an odd shape. Maybe because the dot is bigger and then brightness can be lower? I find the quality of shape of the dot directly relates to brightness with me. The 6.5 MOA dot is very easy to shoot fast. I can see why big dots dominate USPSA in carry optics. But it’s definitely harder to be super accurate with one. The RM06 is probably the perfect middle ground and why it’s so popular. 1 MOA on a pistol would be tough I think. But Aaron Cowan recently went from 6.5 MOA dots to 1 MOA and says it’s awesome.

The only dot gun I have is my milled G45 with RMR but I’m about to do a G17 with a DPP with no backup sights for fun.
    At a certain point I think that there is a legitimate difference/requirement between practical accuracy and, as you put it, "super" accuracy. I do not foresee myself in my increasing dotage and within the confines of CCW of taking shots greater than the longest distance inside of my house, (about 40-50 feet). Because of our chosen lifestyle, we do not do malls, theaters, crowd venues; we might frequent a restaurant once a year if that. I will advance that for a sedate civilian CCW'er, MOAH (Minute of Adam-Henry) is sufficiently accurate.

Didn't realize there was a 2019 version of this topic. Sorry for getting into the old one.

Anxiously awaiting a 2.5 MOA SRO to send off to ATEI for milling. Will be my first slide mounted dot to own! Going to practice with it for a bit, but ultimately see this being a nightstand gun (if everything goes smoothly) with a possible foray into USPSA CO.

Shot my 45 MOS with Acro today. Love the dot. The dot speaks truth. Got some work to do.

I just received my Trijicon SRO 5moa today. Pulled the RMR off my Glock and slapped this on, just to get a feel. Wow! That window looks HUGE compared to the RMR! Also much less of a tint to the glass. The window looks much larger than I was expecting, based upon the actual published dimensions of the SRO vs. RMR windows. Then I realized why. The bottom of the SRO window is level with the top of the rear housing, whereas on my RMR, the top of the rear housing is actually higher than the bottom of the window, causing it to occlude the very bottom of the window when in use. The entirety of the SRO window is visible in use.
    Also, since the SRO window sits just a bit higher, my suppressor height sights, which were 1/3 plus co-witness, are now about a 1/4 minus co-witness. They are in the very bottom of the window. I really like having less of the irons intruding on the glass, but still there if needed.

All in all, my initial impression is very positive.

Here are a couple quick and dirty cell phone pics.

Dot is smaller than it shows in the pic. Apparently I'm too uncoordinated to get everything lined up AND in focus.
    Name:  B445BDA2-FCB1-4164-9AD7-906DF04A0F24.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  34.1 KBName:  5B58FD7D-C212-4BC4-BE42-39C8B279BF94.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  41.5 KBName:  47CFB322-B8C3-43DC-85CA-AF84E3A2EABD.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  57.8 KB

Hopefully it fares better than some of the others that have been sent out. . Jeez, Trijicon....really??

Jagerwerks milled Glock 19X for the Trijicon RMR/SRO footprint.
    Ameriglo plain black GL-429 suppressor height sights.
    Currently topped off with a 2.5moa SRO.

Strictly a gaming/T&E pistol until the slide mounted MRDS tech matures.

If something new and awesome comes out that's not RMR footprint compatible I'll just buy one of the dozens of aftermarket G5 19 slides that are available and have it cut.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Gen5 MOS with DPP

Enjoying my Gen5 Glock 17 with the Delta Point Pro. I turn it off when not in use. So far so good, have roughly 550 rds thru it. I am noticing my speed is going up and group size is going down. Next month i'm gonna try it a local IDPA match and see how I do. Thanks to everyone for the assist for the set up advice.

Thanks
    Steve

I didn’t know where to put this, so here’s a good a place as any.

I had nighthawk install a rmr on my cco last April. When I got it back, the trijicon plate came loose after a week, which only required me to loctite the system into place.

I didn’t know at the time, but the wrong battery was installed. Today, when I noticed my dot was light, I undid the RMR to change the 2032 and found a much thinner 2016 battery in the housing.

It worked for 15 months, two clicks down from max. I thought I saw it flicker during one range session, but can’t confirm positively if it was the optic or me losing the dot during recoil

I’ve only got about 1000 rounds through this pistol with the dot on it, maybe it would have been worse if I shot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised that it worked.

I would think you should be able to expect more from Nighthawk.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 08-04-2019 at 09:58 PM.

User Tag List