Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 RDS on pistols thread

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Brand new type 2 06. I don't remember it being blurry when I put in on (daytime) was dry firing later last night and really noticed it.
    Try looking at the dot through something with a small round hole in it so that you can emulate a rear rifle sight. For example, you could use a buckle hole in a belt.

Get the hole fairly close to your eye and hold the pistol at a normal distance. If the dot is no longer blurry it is your eyes causing the blur. If the dot us still blurry when looking through the hole it is likely the optic.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dontshakepandas; 04-20-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    RMR1 or RMR2? Was it always blurry or has it become blurry after use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Brand new type 2 06. I don't remember it being blurry when I put in on (daytime) was dry firing later last night and really noticed it.
    This picture was posted earlier in the thread - make sure your emitter window is still there (you can see where it has come loose below). I've had this failure on a RMR2 where the window flew completely off under recoil - the dot goes from crisp to a blurry mess once it is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 04-21-2019 at 07:54 AM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere and I don't think it's worthy of its own thread, but GT Distributors is now taking orders for the previously-unannounced Glock 45 MOS (currently available as a Blue Label gun only).

https://www.gtdist.com/glock-g45-gen...fxd-sghts.html

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere and I don't think it's worthy of its own thread, but GT Distributors is now taking orders for the previously-unannounced Glock 45 MOS (currently available as a Blue Label gun only).

https://www.gtdist.com/glock-g45-gen...fxd-sghts.html
    nice find. thats my next pistollll

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    nice find. thats my next pistollll
    Big time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Question for you guys: With the irrelevance of sight radius when using a RDS, is there really much advantage to G34 (or even G17) sized slides anymore? With modern ammo, it seems like your only remaining advantage of muzzle velocity is OBE.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Question for you guys: With the irrelevance of sight radius when using a RDS, is there really much advantage to G34 (or even G17) sized slides anymore? With modern ammo, it seems like your only remaining advantage of muzzle velocity is OBE.
    There are factors like balance, and recoil feel that are shooter-specific. Those are more important factors than sight radius or muzzle velocity, IMO

IMO tracking the dot is easier with a g19 than a g17. I think it has to do with the shorter slide travel and I also prefer the recoil of the g19 in Gen 5 configuration.

I think this will vary depending on user. But to me
    the dot is a great equalizer!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    IMO tracking the dot is easier with a g19 than a g17. I think it has to do with the shorter slide travel and I also prefer the recoil of the g19 in Gen 5 configuration.

I think this will vary depending on user. But to me
    the dot is a great equalizer!

I prefer the recoil impulse of 26(best)>19>17>34(worst)

BUT, you have to realize that all four guns have identical slide stroke distance.

2019 RDS on pistols thread

I prefer the recoil impulse of 26(best)>19>17>34(worst)

BUT, you have to realize that all four guns have identical slide stroke distance.

Sorry if I phrased it wrong but the point is the slide length difference affects how they shoot.

Last edited by Trukinjp13; 04-25-2019 at 09:24 PM.

User Tag List