Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 RDS on pistols thread

I have always felt that with a 19 length slide, the dot tracks better than a 17 or 34 length slide. What I can’t reconcile though, is that my match performance has consistently been better with a dot on a 34, than with a dot on a 19 or 17 length slide. These are match observations, and probably not relevant to defensive use.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

GJM - Does the longer slide of the 17 / 34 cycle slower than a 19?
    Kind of like a full size 1911 vs a 4.25 or officer size.
    Maybe the (very minimal) slower time of the heftier slide returning to battery allows a slightly faster processing of a sight picture and in turn trigger prep...?

Brainstorming...

Jeremy

So... apart from the SRO, nothing new in the MRDS world at NRAAM? Not seeing much of anything on social media.

Anybody know anything about these?
    https://www.usoptics.com/product/mcr...-reflex-sight/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Anybody know anything about these?
    https://www.usoptics.com/product/mcr...-reflex-sight/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks like a shield rms but with slightly different machining. Specs are even similar.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I finally ditched the glock plastic sights on my MOS slide and replaced them with Dawson's MOS co-witness sights.

Only problem is lining up the irons puts the dot at the bottom of the rear sight notch. Any ideas whats up?

I don't like seeing so much of the irons in the RMR, and I find it distracting during the drawstroke. I'm picking up and zeroing in on the irons rather than the dot. I'm going to place an order for the non-cowitness sights but in the meantime, I need to learn to work with what I got.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    What's curious to me is that they describe it as both "combat hold" sight picture but also say it's lower 1/3rd sight picture earlier in the listing. I'd reach out to them for clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I finally ditched the glock plastic sights on my MOS slide and replaced them with Dawson's MOS co-witness sights.

Only problem is lining up the irons puts the dot at the bottom of the rear sight notch. Any ideas whats up?

I don't like seeing so much of the irons in the RMR, and I find it distracting during the drawstroke. I'm picking up and zeroing in on the irons rather than the dot. I'm going to place an order for the non-cowitness sights but in the meantime, I need to learn to work with what I got.
    Most suppressor, or “co-witness” sights, sit appx .315” above the slide front and rear. This gives you a lower 1/3 sight picture in a milled RMR.

The RMR sits higher with the MOS setup, and manufacturers have accommodated that by using mostly .390-400 sights. That gives you a lower 1/3 sight picture with that specific setup.

You can also use MOS sights on a milled slide, you’ll just have the sights blocking more of the glass, which it appears the Overwatch sights (and any other MOS sight) would do.

Also be careful when you order, since Ameriglo (I think it’s Ameriglo) and maybe others measure the rear sights as the total height of the unit...for example their standard suppressor rear is listed as .395”, but it only sits .315” over the slide and would be too short to work with the MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    So... apart from the SRO, nothing new in the MRDS world at NRAAM? Not seeing much of anything on social media.
    MSRP $159

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-micro-reflex/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Well, with an MSRP of $159 and a one year warranty, I guess you get what you pay for.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I bet they sell a boat load of them at that price. Most pistol shooters do not shoot a fraction of the volume of PF members and will be perfectly happy with a cheap optic - especially with so many factory optic ready pistols on are coming to market.

User Tag List