Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 RDS on pistols thread

My first battery (the one that came with the sight) died at exactly one year of living either in the safe, under a shirt, or 2-3x/mo range trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    To the fellow rmr2 owners. How long have you went with battery changes? Mine is a little over 16 months old and still works perfect. Going to change it soon and probably keep it to once a year. Just curious on how others battery life has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some issues pushing left today that is all trigger control at that speed. Put up a 99 at 20 yards today so my issue is at speed. RMR is not the limiting factor.

ps. reviewing footage from today my stance, while forward still is not as aggressive as needed to manage the recoil the way I should be.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 03-28-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    After hearing some recent thoughts from Aaron Cowan I decided to fine tune the zero on my red dots independent of the irons. I have also started using a target focus as you should instead of focusing on the dot specifically like I would focus on the front sight. This has helped my accuracy immensely. While the co-witness is a great place to start, dots really should be independently sighted in.
    Would you care to elaborate why dots should be zeroed independently of iron back up sights?

(I may have an idea why, but it would probably be better to ask and not assume...)

Site Supporter
    Unless you have custom irons that hit exactly to point of aim (most get you in the general area) the best direct co-witness gets you is in the area. So only doing a co-witness leaves a lot to be desired in the accuracy department. I always found that with a direct co-witness I was still having to adjust my point of aim. Using the co-witness as a starting point got me on paper and allowed me to be zeroed in 5-20 shots. why put a red dot on your handgun that only allows you to have the same accuracy as the irons that are already on there? If I didn't have to have irons on my gun due to department policy I wouldn't even worry about having them on there.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Would you care to elaborate why dots should be zeroed independently of iron back up sights?

(I may have an idea why, but it would probably be better to ask and not assume...)

my process for zeroing dot guns:

-center up irons

-co witness dot

-fine toon at 10 yards on b8, verify at 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    It does look cool, but I recently found out via Aaron Cowan/Sage Dynamics that there may be durability issues.

http://instagram.com/p/BvPNujIASDi/
    Had this same failure twice on a black RMR2 so I don’t think the finish has anything to do with it.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

The referenced post mentions a video from Cowan on the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The referenced post mentions a video from Cowan on the topic.
    Sure, but having the information within the conversation, instead of an off-site link, is benefitial for later reference.

(Besides, I for one have a pretty high threshold for clicking links, especially on my phone. It's much easier to read a paragraph of text than watch the typical +10 minute YouTube video.)

Thread drift: Aaron Cowan seems knowledgeable, and he is clearly a good pistol shooter. But watching his videos is exhausting. He loves to use 1,000 words when he could stick with 300, he jumps frequently to tangents, and he talks so fast that I bet most listeners miss 30% of his points unless they rewind and watch it 4 times.

This is the reason I don't watch his videos. If he wants a larger audience, he needs to deliver 100% of his current content in a 25% of his current form.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List