Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 RDS on pistols thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    The Gen 5 Glocks you are using are the MOS versions? As opposed to ones that have been milled. Gen 5 MOS Glocks may be in my immediate future and if they are holding up as demo guns for the ACRO that would make me very happy.
    They are G-17 MOS Gen 5 pistols using our mounting plates. No issues noted after thousands of rounds. I do some extra attention armorer stuff on plate mounting though. I thoroughly degrease the screw holes in the slide and the screws themselves and let them dry. I then use some Loctite 242 (blue) on the screws and snug them down really well. Let the thread locker cure for 24 hours before shooting and you should be good to go.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    I like the Holosun 507C--the circle dot is great...but it is a bit large and tall. The problem with the Holosun 509 is that it looks like it ONLY mounts on a pic-rail.
    I was thinking it was the same sort of mount as the Acro, but when I look at European trade show photos, it does look like a picatinny rail mount.

Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    I'm pretty sure Glock will soon come out with a G45 MOS, so I'm holding off on milling a 19X or a 45 (QUESTION: does the 19X have the "S" trigger spring?).
    --
    These days, I'm carrying the G43X and sometimes the P365 (which is a newer one and hasn't given me any reasons in 2K rounds to doubt it).

IF the new 15rd steel 43X mags are as reliable as OEM, I'll be carrying the 43X a lot more.

Currently, I am leaning towards the SHIELD RMS-W (the bigger size with water-proofing) even though I know it's not as tough as the DPP/RMR.

For CCW, I really don't do half of what SAGE DYNAMICS does to a MRDS. Evidently, all the new SHIELD RMS sights will have a new coating that helps reduce scratches AND they'll offer a $50 lens replacement for life (though I do want to know if I have to ship it back to England, or if they'll do that stateside).
    We're leaning towards either a HK VP9 or a CZ-75, as those fit both my large and my wife's tiny hands. (We love the lever mag release and both really like CZs.) I guess if I save up until HK finally releases a VP9 OR, there might be a closed style green dot that works available then.

I may have a VP9 or CZ-75 milled for an RMR and put one of the dual-illuminated green dots on it as a range gun, until a closed style battery operated green dot becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Any experience here with the Balor mount as a experimental solution to test the waters. Kyle Defoor is a fan of the T1 on a pistol for introductory purposes but I don’t want to mount one.
    I have a Balor equipped "Snub Nosed Roland" G26 carry gun. 600 rounds through it so far and not a single problem (I know this is a low round count but it's a good indication, not to mention I'm sure Mr. Defoor puts his through its paces).

Pros:
    -Easy to mount

-Has been absolutely rock solid without a single hint of loosening. I don't even touch my slide anymore for manipulations, I just grab the H1 and yank away.

-Built in backup sights (I like how low profile they are, you can see 90% of the optic glass over them, and the front sight is a standard Glock sight so you can change it to anything you prefer)

Cons:
    -Sits the optic higher than direct milling (this is a non-issue for me because I've never shot a direct milled pistol, I learned on the Balor)

-Part of the mounting solution replaces the rear slide plate so you cannot use a Gadget with the Balor.

Hope this was helpful! Feel free to ask me any questions.
    Last edited by Tyrok; 03-27-2019 at 08:09 AM.

The new type 2 RMR-HRS looks interesting. I dig the FDE not going to lie.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...=RM06-C-700780

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    The new type 2 RMR-HRS looks interesting. I dig the FDE not going to lie.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...=RM06-C-700780

It does look cool, but I recently found out via Aaron Cowan/Sage Dynamics that there may be durability issues.

http://instagram.com/p/BvPNujIASDi/

I would recommend the Trijicon RMR over any other MRDS currently available, however the cerakoted models do have a common issue with the emitter window failing and popping out. While the optic can still be used when this happens, it drastically changes dot size and shape. For Duty or self defense carry, go with the anodized models.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

The one he referenced is anodized. In FDE. But good to know on the cerakoted ones.
    Last edited by TCB; 03-27-2019 at 04:33 PM.

@TCB, good catch thank you. I saw color and thought "cerakote"
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Been working with the rds with dedicated dry fire everyday. Finding the dot from my preferred ready positions, draws, strong hand, weak hand, and under recoil have still been no issue. The dot is in constant motion with faster speed cadences, just like a front sight. So when pulling .15-.17 splits the dot is more of a streak but I do not find it any more of a burden to track than the constant moving front sight at that speed. Honestly those speeds are not super useful outside of saying I can do it and for guys who can process things much faster than me. I am about a .19-.20 speed guy for processing

To the fellow rmr2 owners. How long have you went with battery changes? Mine is a little over 16 months old and still works perfect. Going to change it soon and probably keep it to once a year. Just curious on how others battery life has been.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    To the fellow rmr2 owners. How long have you went with battery changes? Mine is a little over 16 months old and still works perfect. Going to change it soon and probably keep it to once a year. Just curious on how others battery life has been.
    A year of intermittent high intensity use.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

User Tag List