Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 RDS on pistols thread

2019 RDS on pistols thread

Wanted to start a new thread on mini rds on pistol thread with updated info and products. I am going full into this with a spending plan to have three rds equipped guns by the end of the year. The big reason for me is I can finally shoot with both eyes completely open. I have issues with eye dominance and the rds makes that a non issue for me.

Current thoughts on the rds overall: I have not had the tracking issues some have noted or any difficulty finding the dot during presentations. I attribute this to my time spent refining my natural point of aim and index with pistols. The rds can be forgiving with its eye box (speaking for the RMR) and I am interested to see what new tech comes out over the next decade. For that reason I went with an ATOM mount and plan on having my other guns milled to resemble that.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Hopefully we have the Aimpoint ACROS soon so we can really jump start this conversation.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

I am looking forward to putting more rounds through mine when it returns from its mission....

I would like to setup another mrds pistol and think that the AOS or Atom will be a good way to go. I may build off a gen 4 and try out the aftermarket frame situation. Ideally to have something that is a rock solid mount that the optics can be switched if need be. The Op gave me the idea and I think it is a good one. My g19.5/rmr2 will stay primary ccw carry. But this will let me test the waters with a Acro/?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on getting my training gun milled for a dot in the next month or so. I'm using it as a diagnostic tool to identify presentation/ trigger control issues etc... and to reap some of the benefits that gjm and others have talked about - with the end goal of eventually setting up a carry gun as well.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I'd like to see what SIG's Romeo 1 Pro and Romeo 2 shake out to be. The ACRO doesn't blow my hair back for a concealed gun.

I like the view through the Deltapoint, but GJM's continued breakages at moderate round counts and the issue that it doesn't play well with BUIS has me wary.

Any experience here with the Balor mount as a experimental solution to test the waters. Kyle Defoor is a fan of the T1 on a pistol for introductory purposes but I don’t want to mount one.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I'm more interested in seeing the ruggedized Shield RMSc or an RMR with DPP mounting footprint than the ACRO. For some reason, Aimpoints dots always tickled my astigmatism in ways that the Trijicon dots don't.

Whereas I like the "easy button" solution of the Sig Rx guns(since I'm a classic P series fan boi), the Romeo is too far below average in terms of durability/reliability and uses a weird battery that isn't easily found.

Hopefully I don't get flamed too hard, but I've been thinking of finding a Holosun H507c to play with. My only problem is, I can find used type 1 RM06 RMRs at the same price point I'm finding the new Holosun optics at and I have no problem with a type 1 RMR (after a few personal additives to aid in reliability)

Are there any good options for milling and mounting a RDS on a G43/43x/48? Or is it better to get one of those rear sight dovetail platforms?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Just thinking out loud here...

My thinking is that because of the way the ACRO mounts to a slide, via cross bolt, rather than two smaller, vertical screws like an RMR, a Glock MOS variant will actually make a rugged host. All of the failures of MOS guns that I have seen have been due to the screws holding the RMR in place flying off. I've never heard of a MOS breakage where the actual mounting plate, which is held in place by two substantial screws, flew off of the gun.

Does anyone with time on an ACRO/MOS gun have any input here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Are there any good options for milling and mounting a RDS on a G43/43x/48? Or is it better to get one of those rear sight dovetail platforms?
    Depends on what red dot you want to add. I've seen (pictures, never put hands on) many folks putting the RMSc on the slim Glocks. I don't think there's enough slide there to mount an RMR via direct mill.

User Tag List