Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checking Magazine Reliability Glock 43 / Aftermarket Extensions

Banned

Red face Checking Magazine Reliability Glock 43 / Aftermarket Extensions

My wife recently purchased 2 aftermarket magazine extensions for her Glock 43. I don't remember the name of the company. They increase the capacity by two rounds. The magazines themselves are original Glock magazines and have never given us any issues.

I don't want to put the magazines with extensions on them in service until we've had a chance to thoroughly vet them obviously.

So my question is other than putting rounds through the magazine is there anything else we should do to test the reliability? Does rapid fire or doing mag dumps tell you anything about the reliability of the magazine?
    Last edited by Cypher; 03-24-2019 at 05:15 PM.

The only issue I've had with G43 mag extensions have been with slide lock reloads. Because of those issues, I decided to use MagGuts for a +1 with factory mag bases. Those haven't given me any problems. Obviously YMMV.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    For me, I would like to see a minimum of 200 rounds through each mag. Half with the gun topped off with a full mag, the other half reloaded from slidelock. If I had zero issue's, that would be my baseline for carrying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    So my question is other than putting rounds through the magazine is there anything else we should do to test the reliability?
    Make sure they seat under all conditions, the most severe would be a full magazine inserted into the pistol while it's in battery.

Clarification...

The issue I had during slide lock reloads was the slide wouldn't release into battery, costing me time as I troubleshot the problem. I continued to use the mag in the class and had the same problem come up when using different mag extensions. The MagGuts magazines didn't have a single stoppage for the whole class nor since.

The tangodown did not work for me. Okay for training mag. But would not carry with it. They were feeding problems from full mag and slide lock like stated before. Once was in battery it worked okay.

Mag gutz worked until I ran my carry ammo. Gave me my only failures I ever had with my g43. So they were a no go imo.

The taran +2 worked in my last g43 until I got into the 6-700 round range. Then I had a couple failures. The new ones are supposedly better but I have stuck with factory mags for carry. Never had a failure with any ammo I have ran through them.

I would love a reliable extended magazine/extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive seen enough issues with enough brands that my default response to the question of "what mag extension for a G43" is "a different gun". The factory haven't yet found a solution that meets their reliability standards, that to me is a clue.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Ive seen enough issues with enough brands that my default response to the question of "what mag extension for a G43" is "a different gun". The factory haven't yet found a solution that meets their reliability standards, that to me is a clue.
    My wife loves her 43 and she thinks these magazine extensions make it perfect for her. If it was up to me I'd prefer what ever the model number is for the 10 round 43 but it's not. What is up to me is that she's not carrying those magazines until I'm satisfied they're reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    My wife loves her 43 and she thinks these magazine extensions make it perfect for her. If it was up to me I'd prefer what ever the model number is for the 10 round 43 but it's not. What is up to me is that she's not carrying those magazines until I'm satisfied they're reliable.

My problem has been with thoroughly vetted mags and extensions working and then a few months later not working, so keep on top of them.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I'd recommend focusing on making a gun with sufficient grip length & capacity work for me, rather than introducing potential troubles with unreliable mag extensions to overcome inadequate grip length and/or capacity. Not trying to tell anyone what to do, just sharing a thought with hopes that it could be helpful.

User Tag List