Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Optics ready DA/SA?

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    P30’s are problematic as you have to have the proper slide for milling. I’m hoping to get to shoot a P-07 this week. I ride the slide stop on 226’s also but haven’t been behind a 229 yet, maybe that’s an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As someone currently dabbling with P30s.... what are you referring to in regards for a "proper slide for milling"?

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    As someone currently dabbling with P30s.... what are you referring to in regards for a "proper slide for milling"?
    Apparently the underside of the slides are different. Some have been milled out by the factory and some are solid. If you have one that's milled out there isn't enough meat to mount an mrds. Take it with a grain of salt as I have no personal experience. The internet told me.

check the classifieds. Just sayin’.

My JMCK AIWB 2.5 (I think) fits both PX4C and FS perfectly.

It might be worth asking John at Philster if his Spotlight is compatible with guns that require a key to mount a WML.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    Apparently the underside of the slides are different. Some have been milled out by the factory and some are solid. If you have one that's milled out there isn't enough meat to mount an mrds. Take it with a grain of salt as I have no personal experience. The internet told me.
    That's interesting, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I was thinking of eventually dabbling with RDS on an HK, so good to know....

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Unfortunately I dont beleive either of those are being imported to the US anytime soon.

For CZs, CZ Custom mills their own plate system into any CZ75 based gun. It does cost a fair bit of $$ plus a long wait time (2 months last I checked). They have an option for a rear iron sight plate if you want to go back to irons.
    Check for plates and sight availability. Looks like for the factory P10 OR, they don't have RMR plates or high sights available.

For a CZ, I might go with Primary Machine and have them mill the Trijicon 1911 RMR mount. It seems to be the only way to get iron sights on a CZ 75/85.
    http://primarymachine.com/cz-75-85-1...-1911-adaptor/

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    That's interesting, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I was thinking of eventually dabbling with RDS on an HK, so good to know....
    Just looking around the interwebs I haven’t seen too many P30s direct milled. Most seem to use an adapter plate. I do know that John Correia of Active Self Protection has one that’s direct milled. It was done by a Wright Armory in Mesa, AZ. Might contact them directly for deets.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    ETA. Appears they don’t make one for the PX4 line.

Check out EGW guns. Mount their plate to the rear sight dove tail. The downside that it sits awkwardly high so indexing the gun takes some significant adjustment. The upside is it’s only 50 or so bucks and doesn’t require you to buy a new gun to test the concept.
    Just an FYI in case someone is interested: there are dovetail mounts available for the PX4. Beretta sells one for the Burris Fastfire, and I do believe there are some other options out there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Just looking around the interwebs I haven’t seen too many P30s direct milled. Most seem to use an adapter plate. I do know that John Correia of Active Self Protection has one that’s direct milled. It was done by a Wright Armory in Mesa, AZ. Might contact them directly for deets.
    L&M Precision was the option I was looking at back when I had HKs. Ultimately switched to an optics-ready gun, however.

I just received a 43X from him and it uses the same basic technique (mill for an adapter to get a mounting surface wide enough for an RMR) and the work is superb. Lead time was right at 4 weeks and the communication was great.

User Tag List