Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optics ready DA/SA?

Optics ready DA/SA?

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    I take it that you are mentioning the full size lights like the X300 and TLR1 however, some people here have mounted the TLR7/8 on theirs.

Attachment 36583
    I heard about the Olight but not the tlr 7. I’ll check it out thanks. Any idea what holster he is running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bigslim; 03-26-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    It would be easier to just get a glock but I ride the slide stop so no lock back on empty and mags don’t fall freely for me either. Not to mention loosing the benefits of da/sa.

P30’s are problematic as you have to have the proper slide for milling. I’m hoping to get to shoot a P-07 this week. I ride the slide stop on 226’s also but haven’t been behind a 229 yet, maybe that’s an option.

Have you tried swapping grips on the P226 or adding a Legion/P224 slide lock? I found the E2 grips pushed my hand lower on the grip and I didn't ride the slide lock anymore. I didn't care for them in the long run, switched to G10 and installed a Legion slide lock. No more issues.

I heard about the Olight but not the tlr 7. I’ll check it out thanks. Any idea what holster he is running?

JMCK makes holsters for this combination. It's a PX4 FS holster, so you'll have a little more material around the muzzle.

It would be easier to just get a glock but I ride the slide stop so no lock back on empty and mags don’t fall freely for me either. Not to mention loosing the benefits of da/sa.

P30’s are problematic as you have to have the proper slide for milling. I’m hoping to get to shoot a P-07 this week. I ride the slide stop on 226’s also but haven’t been behind a 229 yet, maybe that’s an option.

If this gun were for defensive use, concerns over not going to slide lock would be pretty far down the list for me. Having a gun that I can shoot to the fullest of my ability would matter more than not riding the slide lock lever or being able to press the mag release without shifting my hand around.

That being said, when I shot Sigs, I stopped having slide lock issues once I switched my grip around to where my dominant hand thumb would rest ontop of my support hand thumb. The P224 slide lock lever has a lower profile than the standard slide lock levers and they can be bought seperately and placed on other Sigs like the 226 and 229. Sig even puts them on all the Legion guns.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Have you tried swapping grips on the P226 or adding a Legion/P224 slide lock? I found the E2 grips pushed my hand lower on the grip and I didn't ride the slide lock anymore. I didn't care for them in the long run, switched to G10 and installed a Legion slide lock. No more issues.

JMCK makes holsters for this combination. It's a PX4 FS holster, so you'll have a little more material around the muzzle.
    I wouldn’t think the FS holster would fit the compact because of the added slide length.

I wouldn’t think the FS holster would fit the compact because of the added slide length.

I've already sold the holster & pistols, but it worked fine for me when I had it. Only Sigs are stupid(why does the P229 have so many different slide profiles!) in regards to compacts fitting into full size holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I've already sold the holster & pistols, but it worked fine for me when I had it. Only Sigs are stupid(why does the P229 have so many different slide profiles!) in regards to compacts fitting into full size holsters.
    Copy that, thanks.

I take it that you are mentioning the full size lights like the X300 and TLR1 however, some people here have mounted the TLR7/8 on theirs.

Attachment 36583
    I found the IG post and in the comments there is mention of an adaptor needed for the tlr 7/8. Google search of Matt Frey has gotten me nowhere, any info on this adaptor?

I found the IG post and in the comments there is mention of an adaptor needed for the tlr 7/8. Google search of Matt Frey has gotten me nowhere, any info on this adaptor?

Quite sure this is his thread.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....(8)-Custom-Key

Dope, thank you, I just sent him a message.

Dope, thank you, I just sent him a message.

You’re welcome!

User Tag List